2.5

*****

I hummed in content as I held a steaming cup of hot chocolate in my hands. Dressed in a large shirt, some pajama pants, and house shoes, my warm skin sucked in the coldness of the snow around me. Luckily it'd stopped snowing as hard this morning, which allowed me to be out here without my shoes and clothes being completely drenched by the snow. 

As I took a sip of my drink, I felt the sliding door open, before Jasper was standing behind me with a small blanket, which he wordlessly threw the blanket over my shoulders. 

"Jazz you know I don't get cold right?" I asked. 

"I know, but your warmth could turn off," he says. I laugh a bit, sporting a small smile as I draw the cup in my hand closer to sit nicely against my chest. 

'He'll never let that shit go' Adrea said, annoyance evident in her tone. 

"I haven't ingested any wolfsbane if that's what you're suggesting," I said smiling at him lightly as he took a couple of steps further so that he was standing next to me. Mind you this man has no shoes on. 

What'd happened was that after I'd heated that wolfsbane out of my system, since my body temperature spiked so much, it also dropped very quickly too. Thus, since I had to force my blood to heat up, my body was then convinced that it had to protect me from something. To sum it up, I caught a cold in the middle of June as a fucking werewolf. My first cold ever actually. 

You should've seen Jasper. He borrowed Esme's apron and had Aunt Lydia help him make soup, and he fretted almost every last thing. He always made sure I was warm, and he'd accompany me on my runs to make sure I didn't get any sicker from not being in my wolf form. And he even carried a blanket with him for when after I shifted back. Truly the sweetest thing ever, but unfortunately soup was all Lydia knew how to do since we don't get sick, so Bella and Carlisle was the one we had to ask for when it came to other things. 

"How do you know? I mean you do look a little loopy today," Jasper prodded, nuzzling his nose into my neck. I chuckle before I nudged his side a bit. He did nothing but laugh at me before he slid his hand around my waist, holding me somewhat tightly. 

"I found a bookstore in the middle of town, want to go with me?" Jasper asked and I nodded as I smiled at him. 

"Yeah, I needed to go the store for more hot chocolate and cappuccino. We can stop there quickly, then we can spend the rest of the day bookstore jumping huh?" I asked and he smiled mildly. 

"My love are you sure that there's nothing in town that you want to do, shopping maybe?" he asked. 

I laugh and shook my head. 

"I went shopping the 2nd day we got here, and trust me, I got everything I wanted. Plus, our daily escapades are amazing. Do you know how good it feels to get up and not have to train, go to school, or keep someone from getting killed?" I asked as I reached up and kissed his cheek. He chuckles at my statement. 

"I just want to make sure that you're having fun, my love," he hummed lightly.

"I'm with you Jazz, how could I not? I thought that after finding out what you told me, I would just have to suck it up, throw in my training," I said. 

"Which you did, by the way," Jazz reminded me. I rolled my eyes at him before taking another sip from my mug. 

"But ever since we've gotten here, I have to say I'm starting to love domestic life," I said with a smile before I went back into the house from the small balcony I was standing on.

After the whole newborn debacle and the Volturi situation, Jasper and I had finally gone on the vacation that we'd talked about. After the discovery of the possibility that my... brothers were a part of the Volturi, for the next few days, I found myself conflicted, because what emotions are you supposed to feel when you find out something like that?