1.7

***

"But it's not fair!" Rose said. 

I laughed loudly at her antics as Emmett rubbed her back, but still was laughing to her side. Alice chuckled lightly as she sat on the arm of the couch, Tywin's arms around her waist. Jasper was next to me, his arm around my shoulder as I leaned back and had my legs crossed.

You know it's such a small thing but Jasper does this thing where he rubs his thumb on me, wherever his hand is, my shoulder, my hand, thigh. I wasn't sure if he took notice of it but it was really relaxing, such a small thing, so times like this, the days we've spent together to catch up a bit I guess, it was nice. Similar to the time I spent with the back, like family time.  

"Buy a wig then Rose," I told her, making her pout. 

"But they're itchy," she said again making me chuckle before I shrugged giving up. 

Rose wanted to cut her hair, wanting a new style, but she was a vampire so her hair wasn't going to grow back if she did it, and to say she was frustrated was being nice because I fully believe if she was human she'd be crying and probably throwing a small tantrum but knowing what she was, one reckless hit or kick and she might bring the house down, literally.

'Audre!' Sam yelled in my head. 

I flinched a bit as I sat up abruptly with a quirked eyebrow.

'What, what is it!?' I asked. 

'It's Leah, I think she's shifting, but..' Sam said, worry and concern in his voice. 

'But what Sam?' I asked, my leg beginning to bounce in anxiety.

'I don't know this is different than any of the guys' Sam said, confusion showing in his voice. 

'I-' Sam was going to continue but he was cut off. 

'AUDRE JUST FUCKING GET HERE!' Paul suddenly hollered loudly.

"Okay!" I said as I flinched a bit at the loudness before hopping up, turning to the Cullens, pulling off my jacket quickly, and tossing it at Jasper. 

"I am needed urgently, I will see you guys later," I said turning again, giving Jasper a kiss quickly before I ran towards the back door, opening it, and breaking out into a sprint towards the pack. 

'Holy shit?!' Jacob yelled.

'What, what?!' I yelled confused. 

'She's really angry Audre' Jacob said, a worried tone in his voice. 

'I'm almost there, just calm down!' I yelled. 

I continued to run, following my nose to where the pack's scent was the strongest. I skid to a stop, seeing Jacob, Sam, Paul, Quil, Embry, and Jared standing around a clearly disgruntled and scared Leah.

"You know we had a surprise for you today, but then you know, this happened," Sam said as he gestured to Leah. I roll my eyes with a chuckle before I make my way towards her. 

"Leah, babe, hey," I said kindly, raising my hands to show I meant no harm. 

"Audre, what's happening, why are they surrounding me like that," Leah said grabbing onto my arms with an alarming grip. 

'It's because she's a female wolf, there are too many males surrounding her, the wolf in her is making her anxious. It doesn't help that this is her first shift too' Adrea told me. 

"Ugh, everything hurts, I just, ugh," Leah said as she lost her balance, almost touching the ground. 

"Give me one second, okay, I'm gonna help you," I told her, her nodding at me before her eyes went right back to darting around at the pack nervously.