1.5

****

Bella, Jasper, and I stand by a curb waiting patiently. I'd already washed and changed out of my funeral dress, into simple black ripped jeans, black converse, an oversized bleached black shirt, and a blue jean jacket. Suddenly Alice pulls up in an expensive yellow Porsche. Jazz rolls his eyes before he opens the door for me, with me sliding in, and him right behind me before he brings the seatback, Bella now sliding in.

"Where'd you get the car?" Bella asked.

"Hope you're not opposed to a little grand theft auto," Alice said with a wink.

"Not today," I mumbled, and with that Alice sped off. 

Alice speeds down the road as Jasper and I gripped the sides of the car due to Alice's reckless driving which was somehow more unhinged than Jaspers. She somehow gets the car to go faster, just barely missing another car as she swerved down the road. 

"How much time do we have?" Bella asked as she clutched the dashboard for dear life. 

"He's waiting till noon when the sun's at its highest," Alice says. I roll my eyes. 

"That's our Edward, dramatic as always," I say making Jasper chuckled as he clenched my hand, his cold temperature soothing me. 

"...He's trying to make the Volturi change their mind," Alice said as she blinked rapidly. 

'Of course, they wouldn't kill him with a power like that' Adrea added.

"It's almost noon now," Bella says as she checks her watch quickly.

As we near the castles, we see that the streets are getting crowded, with hundreds of people dressed in red cloaks.

"Why are they all wearing red?" Bella asked.

"San Marcos Day festival," I speak up. Jasper glances at me. 

"Hey, I know things," I said making him let out a small laugh as he looked away from me.

"The perfect setting. Large crowds, the Volturi won't let him get far, and he's counting on that," Alice says. 

'He'll be lucky if even gets down the stairs' Adrea huffed. 

'And us?' I asked with a small chuckle. 

'With our history, we'll be lucky if they even let us leave without Aro trying to court us with one of the witch twins' Adrea said letting out a loud laugh. 

I shake my head with a small smirk on my face. 

"We only have 5 minutes," Bella says right as Alice screeches to a stop making me lurch forward, but Jasper grabbed my waist in time. 

"Where's the square?" Bella said as she steps out of the car. 

"Follow that lane--" Alice says, but Bella is already running. 

"He'll be under the clock tower!" Alice yells. I peer through the front window seeing a shadowy figure tracking Bella's movements. I growl a bit before I sit back next to Jasper. 

"This should be fun," I say looking at Jasper.

"Audre, I believe you should stay here," Jasper says. I quirk an eyebrow before I sit back with a sigh. He gives me a look making me throw my hands up in defeat. He sighs, leaning forward, and kisses my forehead gently. Alice hands him a white cloak, which I have no clue how she got, which he puts on before stepping out of the car. They begin to make their way towards the castle both adorned in white cloaks.

'Wait are you really bout to listen?' Adrea asked. 

I laughed out loud before I crack my neck and mask my scent.