0.9

***

My tongue sticks out of my mouth as I breathed heavily. Paul runs beside me as we run the perimeter of the pack territory, checking for any intruders or odd sightings. It was early in the morning, maybe 3. Once we finished, we emerge from the trees, him in a pair of shorts and myself in a sports bra and some running shorts.

"Are you tired, Swan?" Paul taunts. I cackle as I shove him away from me. 

"Tired? That's not even in my vocabulary birdy," I said with a laugh. He laughs we walk up to Sam who sat on some stairs outside his home, holding my bag out for me. 

"Thanks," I said. 

I'd spent the entire summer with the pack, Jasper, and his family. The pack and I got really close, and we went on runs as a group all the time since Sam said it was good bonding for us. We'd even went cliff diving together. The elders had accepted me in the pack as an unofficial member after I'd told them of my situation, and the fear I had of having to leave.

"Aye get home safe, and tell Bella we said Happy Birthday," Sam said making me chuckle as he kissed my forehead. 

"You're sweaty," he said and I rolled my eyes. 

"Thanks," I said with a scoff before I waved at the guys and began running back home. My bare feet hit the ground at a rapid pace as I do, jumping the treaty line before I run home. 

I climb through the window only to see Jasper there reading a book waiting for me on my bed. 

"Hey," I said biting my bottom lip. He smiled at me, standing up and putting his book to the side, coming over to me, giving me a soft kiss on the lips. 

"You're sweaty," he says making me roll my eyes again. 

"Oh, I didn't know I was supposed to be perfectly fine after running the 30-mile pack perimeter 11 times," I said with a scoff. He just grins, kissing me again. 

"Really? You know you usually look like this when we-" he starts but I cut him off. 

"Shut up," I said chuckling as I push him a little. 

"Okay fine, fine," he says raising his hands up in surrender. 

"I'll see you later okay," he says bringing my head forward and kissing me on my forehead. 

I nod, as he leaps from the window and his feet plant on the ground. I chuckle, before blowing him a kiss, giggling as he caught it dramatically.

I shower extra thoroughly, which I find I have to do every time now since I joined the pack. I wasn't complaining though, because being a part of the pack was amazing. 

I dressed in a pair of black jeans, a bleach-dyed burnt orange hoodie, and my denim jacket before I turn the light on at my desk and begin my homework. 

This was now my usual routine. School, work, sleep, be with the pack only 3 days a week, then home. Jasper hated it, despite us spending time at school and whenever I wasn't at work, he feared that I was overworking myself. Little did he know that being with the pack, me being a wolf more than usual, gave me all the energy I could ever need, it fulfilled a hole in me that I hadn't even realized was there. 

My phone alarm went off, signaling to me that it was now 7 in the morning. I sighed, turning it off, putting my finished homework away, then made my way downstairs, seeing Charlie sitting in his chair with a cup of coffee. 

"Morning Uncle Charlie," I said with a wave as I went to make my morning drink.

"Morning Audre, why are you glowing?" he asked. I look at him with a chuckle before he grins.