1.9

*this chapter is just over 10,000 words my nigga, i am so tired lmao 

****

Leah and I ran side by side during patrol. Seth had shifted and joined the pack awhile back, but since he was so young Sam had him on the books. It'd been a couple of hours of patrol, and we'd heard Paul and Jacob clock in. So we shifted and began our walk back to Emily's house. 

"Hey, I'm just gonna head home for a bit okay," Leah said. I sighed and nodded, watching as she jogged away on her way home. 

That love triangle bullshit affected everything, but I have to say I prefer this one to Bella's because at least Leah isn't trying to beat the shit out of Emily every 10 minutes. Speaking of Bella, she'd just gotten back from the trip Edward awarded her to Florida, to go see her mom before we graduate. It was obvious what Edward was doing though, getting Bella out of here for a while. 

I have to say I preferred it that way, Bella was still human and I had no interest in seeing Victoria slaughter her. Even if I didn't actually like lying to her, Bella finds herself in trouble no matter what, so I could use even the smallest of breaks from her infatuation with damn near dying. 

I eventually made it Emily's taking one sniff to find that Bella was here, and with Jacob at that, and Quil, Jared, Paul, and Embry who were taunting Jacob at his side. 

" I wish Bella would call," Paul joked. 

"I wish Bella wouldn't call," Jared added.

"Maybe I should call Bella," Embry laughed. 

"Maybe I should call Bella and hang up," I shouted as I jogged over, hearing their laughs as I joined them. 

"Really Audre?" Jacob asked making me laugh as I shrug. 

"Maybe stop with the inner monologuing about Bella and we wouldn't have to do this," I said as I wrapped an arm around Bella's shoulders. 

I hear footsteps coming towards us, looking up to see Leah coming towards us, sighing a bit to myself, knowing that she and Bella hadn't really officially met. The pack was still laughing at our remarks before Jacob finally said something.

"All right, you can shut up now," Jacob said rolling his eyes before he saw Leah coming over. 

"Bella this is Leah, Harry's daughter," Jacob said. 

"My only female companion in the pack," I added as I smiled at Leah. 

"If you're here to torture Jacob some more, feel free to leave," Leah said with a glare towards Bella before she walked off. 

"Fun isn't she," Jacob said with a sigh. I rolled my eyes as I removed my arm from around Bella to head over to Leah. But of course, Bella instantly pulled me by my arm a bit and brought me over to her, walking a little ways away from the pack, but of course, they'd still be able to hear everything. 

"Why didn't you tell me that Emmet and Paul started fighting?" she asked. I sighed as I thought back to it before relaying it to Bella.

I was standing in the kitchen next to Emily, passing her things like measuring cups, and other things. I'd just got off patrol, and was relaxing for a bit with Emily before I headed home.

"Soo, how are you and Jasper?" Emily pried making me chuckle as I passed her a wooden spoon.

"We-" I began but I was cut off by a loud voice in my head.

'Audre, Paul spotted Victoria, let's go!' Sam hollered in his Alpha voiced.

"Duty calls," I told her before hustled outside.