2.8

*****

I sat on the couch next to Jasper, Freddy vs. Jason playing on the tv in front of us. His arms were wrapped around me, and his chin sat on my shoulder as we watched the movie. I sighed a bit, closing my eyes as I leaned back with a content smile on my face. The wedding was only in a few days, and honestly, there's been a little chaos going on about it all. 

Seeing that for the time being I was supposedly in charge of a bachelorette party all the while having a mate and being Beta of a conjoined pack of hyperactive wolves. Though I was thankful for times like this, which were only really plausible because Alice wanted so badly to plan the bachelorette party, so I let her.

'Who the fuck am I to pass on free time?' Adrea chided.

'Exactly' I agreed.

I felt my eyes shine green a bit, a small smile coming to my face as my eyes closed. I could sense Jasper intently watching the movie before us. He loved movies, not as much as he loved reading, but still. I think it had to do with the fact that they both told stories, no matter the format. So like our book store dates, watching movies together was also something I rather enjoyed because I knew how much Jasper enjoyed it. 

"I wish I could sleep," Jasper sighed making me look at him with a quirked eyebrow. 

"What? Why?" I asked. 

"I want to meet him, Freddy. I mean it's not like he could kill me or anything, I'm... curious," he pondered aloud. 

"Jasper what the fuck," Damien said as he came from the kitchen, a drink in hand. 

"I'm serious, I like to think I'm deadlier than Jason," Jasper continued. 

Peering over my shoulder, I looked at the TV screen playing the end credits as Jason walked through the water holding Freddy's dismembered head. 

"You're way less brutal, but yes, yes you are," I said with a small nod. 

"Definitely less brutal," Damien agreed with a small chuckle.

"Speaking of brutal, do we have training today?" I asked Damien with a sigh. 

"No, just patrol. Uncle Thomas is going out on a date with Auntie tonight," Damien reminded me making me sigh in relief. 

"Audre, I thought you both were training the pack?" Jasper asked.

"I am, but half of his 'training regimes' have ended up almost killing all of them, so I end up having to leap into action every time, and it's not like I can be by all of them at the same time," I huffed out my explanation, sighing as I lay my head on his shoulder. 

"That bad?" he asked with a chuckle. 

"Uh, have you not told him how he threw you off a cliff?" Damien questioned with a chuckle in his throat. 

"He threw you off a cliff?" he asked with wide eyes. 

"Yep, that's twice now, luckily I've been learning to heal a lot faster thanks to that heating thing Auntie taught me," I said as I gingerly rubbed my shoulder a bit, rolling it to stretch out the joint. 

"It also helps that this time you didn't hit every rock on your way down," Joseph said coming into the living room. 

"Hm, should I be the one to throw you off next? You know as Beta I do believe I have that kind of power," I pondered aloud, a smirk settling itself on my face as I used my peripheral vision to see Joseph with ghastly wide eyes. 

"Damn, I guess you better shut the fuck up," Damien commented said as he laughed. 

"Boy, what did you say!?" Lydia's voice boomed through the house causing Damien to waste no time in his salute to us before he flew out the kitchen window and out into the forest.