CHAPTER 35

This chapter is dedicated to escapingmuggles. Love you! :)

Lily climbed down the stairs, into the common room. She took a deep breath and wiped away the tears in her eyes. No. She will have to deal with it. Once and for all. She had to meet Severus. And sort this out for the last time.

    Slowly, she climbed outside to the potrait hole. She was face to face with Severus. His thin face was deathly pale, paler than normal. His eyes were bloodshot and he was looking thoroughly guilty.

    "Lily, I'm...."

    "I am not interested." These words came out of her mouth harsher than she had intented them to be. Yet when Severus winced, she felt a barbaric glee. She wanted him to feel the exact pain she had felt when he had called her 'mudblood'.

    "I'm...."

    "Save your breath." Lily said roughly. She wasn't in the mood to be understanding. Hurt, betrayal, anger, disappointment, sadness, had formed a mixture of emotions in her. She didn't know what to feel. She just wanted him to feel the hurt she had felt.

    "I only came out because Mary said you were threatening to sleep here." She wanted to make it clear that she didn't care for him anymore.

    "I was. I would have. I never meant to call you a 'mudblood', it just...."

    "Slipped out?" She said without pity. Laughing humourlessly, she continued, "It's too late. I've made excuses for you for years. None of my friends understand why I even talk to you, you and your precious little deatheater friends- see, you don't even deny it! You don't deny that's what you are all aiming to be! Can't wait to join You-Know-Who, can you?"

    Severus opened his mouth to say something, but closed his mouth, unable to speak. He looked on the verge of tears. But Lily didn't stop, she wanted to hurt him....

    "I can't pretend anymore. You've chosen your way. I've chosen mine."

    Severus looked at her, horror in his eyes.

    "No, listen. I didn't mean to...."

    "To call me a 'mudblood'? But you call everyone of my birth 'mudblood', Severus, why should I be any different?" All the questions, uncertainty in her had finally come out. With her immense hurt.

    Severus struggled at the verge of speech, looking as if he just wanted Lily to give him a chance to speak. But Lily wasn't interested. She feared that if she let her speak, she might change her mind. She might give him a second chance. She didn't want to. She was too hurt.

    With one last harsh look, Lily climbed up the potrait hole, into the common room. Closing the potrait, she dropped herself into a couch near the fire, and started sobbing, her head in her hands. The common room was empty and deserted. She sat there alone, broken.

    "Er.... hello.... Lil.... Evans?" I nervous voice spoke over her. Lily looked up with her tear stained face. In front of her, stood James Potter, with a rather nervous expression, fidgeting from side to side.

    "What do you want, Potter?" Lily didn't have to energy to shout anymore. She was exhausted.

   "I.... um.... I am sorry.... you know...." Lily's head snapped towards him. James Bighead Potter was actually apologizing?

     "I didn't mean to.... you know...." he continued with an awkward expression, scratching his head. "I was just trying to be funny."

    Lily couldn't listen anymore. He just ruined her relationship with her best friend, and now he says he was trying to be funny?!?

    "That wasn't funny!" She shouted. "BULLYING SOMEONE ISN'T FUNNY!"

    "I know," he said in a troubled expression, "I am sorry, and I will make sure he apologizes to you too! I...."

     "YOU don't have to make him apologize! You are just as bad as him!" Lily yelled.

    James looked shocked. "I? But I have never.... I would never call you a you-know-what!"

     "Ruffling up your hair like you've just come from a Quidditch match, showing off and bullying first years don't make you look good! You are just a big headed, arrogant toerag! You make me SICK!" With this, Lily ran up the stairs to the girl's dormitory, leaving a baffled and ashamed looking James Potter at the bottom.

     In front of the sixth year's dormitory, Lily stopped and calmed herself down with steady breaths. Then, slowly, she opened the door. She could tell by the look on Marlene, Alice and Ginny's face that they had been talking, probably about her. Ginny looked distressed. As if she was having too many thoughts together. But Lily couldn't concentrate on anything else other than her emotions. Slowly, she climbed into her bed and closed the curtains. By the sound, she could tell that the others did the same. The last curtain closing sound died down. Suddenly, Lily realised something.

     "Ginny?" She called out.

     "Yes?" She replied in a cracked voice. It seemed like she had shouted a lot.

    "Thank you for convincing Potter to apologize to me. That was really nice of you."

    "Did you forgive him?" She asked after a moment's silence.

    "No I didn't."

    "Perfect. He doesn't deserve it yet." Ginny replied with a tone that suggested James had snatched away her Chocolate Frog. Lily smiled weakly to herself.

    "Still, it was nice of you to try. Good night Ginny."

    "Good night."

     As the environment became silent, Lily's misery, sadness engulfed her. She stuffed her face into the pillow, trying to stifle her cry. The night's tranquil was occasionally broken by her uncontrolled sobs. Slowly, after a long time, Lily cried herself to sleep.

Hey guys, I am sorry, I am late again. I warned you. The next update will be late as well.... :/

  Dont forget to give me the feedbacks! Keep reading!
Love you, all of my awesome readers! :)