CHAPTER 37

This chapter is dedicated to fangirl0504 for being an amazing follower, reader and supporter. Love you!

    "Who is Harry?"

    At first, Ginny tried to act clueless.

     "Who Harry? I don't know what you're talking about" she said, carefully fixing her gaze on the cauldron, which she started stirring in a clockwise direction.

     "Don't act clueless. I know you heard me right, I know that you are aware of the answer, and I know you aren't concentrating on the potion." Remus said, looking at her incredulously.

    "Who said I wasn't concentrating on the potion?" Ginny tried to divert his attention.

    "I did." Remus replied promptly.

    "Your evidence?"

    "You just ruined our Elixir by stirring six times clockwise and twice anticlockwise while it said clearly in the intructions that you had to stir the cauldron five times clockwise and only once anticlockwise." Remus replied nonchalantly. He looked least concerned by the potion.

     Ginny diverted her gaze towards the cauldron and turn into the brightest shade of Weasley red. The cauldron was now giving out gruesome green sparks instead of the soft purple shimmer described in the book.

     "Oh, sorry.... how can I put it right?" She asked hastily to Remus.

    "We can't." He replied shortly. "The best you can do is to answer my question."

     "What question? I don't know what you're talking about...."

    "You know perfectly well what I'm...." Remus started, but luck seemed to be with Ginny as Slughorn decided to approach their potion first with an expectant face, but he withdrew his face almost immediately, coughing.

    "No worries, no worries, it happens...." he said, as he examined the other's potions.

     He tagged James and Sirius's potion as 'merely passable' and Alice and Marlene's as 'not upto the mark' (Ginny had a savage glee on seeing Marlene's disappointed face).

     Lily and Mary's potion was 'really good for first try'. Then Slughorn strolled upto Severus and Peter's cauldron. Ginny could see the beautiful purple shimmer on top of their cauldron. Slughorn looked down over it, his eyes shining. They he threw back his head and gave Peter and Severus a pat on their back. (Though Ginny was sure Peter didn't deserve even the credit to touch the potion)

     "Well, we have the clear winners here!" Slughorn said, handing Peter and Severus a vial of 'Elixir of Trust' each. "Be really careful boys, this potion is really powerful, almost like Veritaserum, as it induces blind trust- the drinker almost always confides the truth in the one handing them the potion. Use it well!"

     Ginny collected her possessions and almost dashed out as soon as the bell rang, before Remus could catch her. She had Divination now, but she just wanted to bunk today. She ran through the sunshine filled ground, towards the Black lake.... yes, the tree- under it was just the person she was looking for.

     "Regulus!" She called out, as the dark haired boy turned towards her- his face morphed into a large smile.

      "Ginny, atlast, you had some time to come here." He said, a tiny trace of hurt in his voice as she sat down besides him.

     "I am so sorry, I thought I would come yesterday, but...."

     "That drama happened right?" He said.

      "Well, how did you know about that?" Ginny asked, surprised.

     "I saw it from a corner." He shrugged. "Besides, whole school knows about it."

     "Whole school....?"

     "Yeah. Here have some chocolate, lets talk about something else." Regulus said. "Where are you going for christmas? Or are you saying at school?"

     "Staying at school, I suppose.... I don't have anywhere to go to.... what about you?" Ginny asked, nibbling at the chocolate.

     "I need to go home, you know- the branding." Regulus said quietly. Ginny stilled. Branding?

    "You mean, the dark mark...."

     "Not only that, I think they're going to assign me for some task at Hogwarts. They always assign tasks for the new deatheaters. If they succeed, they're accepted fully. If they fail...."

      "If they failed....?" Ginny echoed his hollow voice.

     "They kill them." Regulus finished her sentence.

     "What type of task do you reckon...."

     "I don't know. Maybe cursing some fellow student, torturing, cucriatus curse,  something of that sort." Regulus said. Ginny kept silent.

     "Lets talk about something else."

      "About?"

      "Have some chocolate frogs." Regulus held out a few to her. Ginny grabbed one of them and bit off the head. Both of them gazed into the water.

     "Beautiful isn't it?" Regulus said. "The lake?"

    "Yeah." Ginny responded. They looked back at each other.

    "You have chocolate here." Regulus pointed at the corner of her mouth. Ginny used her forefinger and tried to wipe it out.

    "Not there, a bit in the left...." Regulus said as Ginny continued trying. "Here, let me."

     Regulus leaned in, and gently wiped away the chocolate with his forefinger. Ginny was suddenly dangerously aware of their close proximity. She felt hot around her collar and ears.

    Regulus seemed to have noticed their closeness too, as he froze in his leaned in position. His face was obscuring Ginny's view of the lake. Ginny didn't know what to do. Their face was so close that she could smell his minty breathe. He seemed to be leaning in more. His lips where coming nearer to hers, even nearer....

     Regulus tilted his face slightly, Ginny was frozen at the spot, she didn't move, neither backwards, nor forward. Regulus tilted his face and slowly, very slowly, his lips meet hers.

    Only for a fraction of moment, their lips touched, and that small touch seemed to bring Ginny back to her senses. She didn't allow even a second, she seemed to gain her strength, with all her might, he put hands on his chest and pushed him hard. Regulus fell back into the grass, unprepared for such an attack.

    Ginny picked up her bag, stood up and wiped her lips hard. Regulus looked shocked by her aggressive behaviour and even a bit guilty.

     "Ginny I didn't mean to...."

     "Save your breath" Ginny said roughly, as she turned her back on him and ran towards the castle. She wasn't only mad at him, she was mad at herself, for letting it happen. Right now, she had to be as far away as she could from Regulus Black.

Please Read
Guys!!!!! I'm back! I'll now be updating much more frequently. Hope this chapter was upto the mark!
And I haven't replied to any comments in the last chapter, I'm soo sorry! I'll reply again from this chapter... :)

Also, I've been planning another time travel fanfiction. It is also set in the Marauder Era, but it is a lot darker. My current fanfiction focuses on Ginny, but that one will be focusing on two other people. I already have written 3 chapters including a prologue, but I am a bit hesitant of posting it. It is totally different from this one, and though it focuses on Marauder era, it has more time traveling. The chapters are longer too. What do you think? Should I post it? Will you guys read it? Please please please please reply, I'm waiting.

Keep reading, voting and commenting!