CHAPTER 21

This chapter is dedicated to shelterundercloud for her support and awesome story! Luv ya!

This photo is my previous cover. I had total 3 covers for my book. Please do tell me via pm or comments which one is best!

Ginny's dread turned into reality as she heard a horrible howl.... at a distance.

    Turning around, Ginny could make out three faint four legged figures coming from the direction of the Whomping Willow. They were coming closer, slowly but surely. One was a silhouette of a sleek hound-like structure, the middle one was was furry, sturdy, stout creature with a blunt snout and pricked ears, other one was a narrow silhouette with large branched horns. Suddenly, the middle one seemed to have noticed something towards her and let out a terrific howl, cutting through the silence of the dark night. It started advancing towards her. The other two figures seemed to have noticed her at a split of second difference. They started following the sturdy creature in a swift run. Ginny's concience screamed at her- 'Run!'

    Ginny, overcoming her primary shock, turned around and broke into a run towards the castle. She heard heavy footsteps accompanied with howls coming nearer. Maybe Padfoot and Prongs are not as fast as they should be.

    Suddenly, a twig caught her feet and she fell. Heart heart stopped. She heard an ear-splitting howl. It was right over her. She felt a sharp agonizing pain on her left arm. She smelt blood and dead animals. Suddenly, the sturdy shadow dissappeared, as if it was being dragged away. Last thing she heard was a sound of struggle almost covered by her own scream cutting through the night. Then everything went black.

    --------------*-*-----------------

    Ginny opened her eyes. Light blinded her. And too much white. She tried to sit up, and winced at the pain on her hand, which was almost paralysing her left side. Slowly siting up, she looked around the Hospital Wing. She saw a familiar tuft of messy black hair sitting on a chair, sleeping with his head on the armrest. Her heart skipped a beat.

    "Harry!"

    "Huh what?" He looked up to Ginny. Her eyes locked with his hazel eyes and all her happiness dissappeared into emptiness.

    It was not Harry, it was James Potter. Ginny wanted to slap herself for letting herself making the same mistake and getting the same blow again and again.

   "Thank god you are awake. We were very worried." Another voice entered the Hospital Wing. It was Sirius Black.

   "Hope you don't mind that there are only two of us here. Peter is too lazy to be awake. He is asleep in the common room and Remus.... well he is unwell." James finished unsurely.

    "I am not stupid you know" said Ginny quietly. "Can you explain the scratches on your face and hands?" She said, attracting their attention to the cuts and bruises they had.

    James and Sirius shared a look. Sirius nodded. "He wants her to know." James looked at Ginny.

    "Well you see.... Ginny," James began. "We Marauders have many secrets. And the one we are sharing with you today is our biggest secret." Ginny was ofcourse aware of it, but she didn't interrupt.

    "You see.... Remus is a werewolf." James paused, obviously expecting some reaction from Ginny. Ginny sensing this, gave him a great imitation of a shocked look. Satisfied, James continued.

    "The stag you saw was me, the dog was Sirius and Peter is a rat. We became unregistered animagi for helping Remus through his transformations, and to keep him in control. You see, only human beings have danger from werewolves during full moon, I mean.... they are not in their right mind at that time.... I mean that they are not actually dangerous except full moon and...." James trailed off, probably not knowing what to say. Ginny remained silent.

    Sirius broke the silence. "So if you don't want to be friends with us after all these, we completely understand.... Remus didn't mean to hurt you though.... he wouldn't even come in front of you out of guilt, though he didn't bite you, but he is guilty that he scratched you...." Ginny interrupted him.

    "I want to meet Remus."

    James and Sirius looked at her, with a look of scrutiny.

    "Look" James began unsurely, "we know that you were hurt badly, but he didn't do it on purpose, and he is already guity, so if you want to report him, please consider once...."

    "What do you think of me?" Ginny interrupted.

    "Huh?"

    "Do I look like a cruel heartless bitch who doesn't understand anything?" Ginny said in a retorting voice. James and Sirius remained quiet.

    "You rest. We will bring Remus." Sirius said. He and James both left. Ginny's eyes tried to follow their motion but she was apparantly too weak yo even keep her eyes open. Slowly, she drifted into an uncomfortable slumber.

Guys i didnt make you wait long I hope. This chapter was more of a filler.... i guess it wasnt that good.....
BTW.... i have big exams coming up so update will be less frequent. Its your votes and comments that keep me going. I have a lot going on guys and I am basically getting squashed under pressure.. I am trying hard to put up chapters.... so please guys.... vote and comment as much as you can. I really appreciate it. Keep reading.

The usual.... 22 votes and 9 comments for next chapter... ;)