CHAPTER 40

This chapter is dedicated to Lil_Miss_Lightwood for reading both my stories and supporting them with generous amounts of votes and comments. Love you!

Ginny looked out of the window, towards the trees that seemed to be moving backward. She was sitting in the Hogwarts Express, rapidly heading towards King's Cross station. She is lost in thought, her mind filled with questions. She turned her back on the window and faced James.

"Are you absolutely sure about this?"

"Ginny, we've been through this already." James said dismissively, "Sirius is coming after few days too. We're helping him flee. Remus comes to meet us often. As for Peter, his mother doesn't let him come over. Besides, we can't leave you at the school all by yourselves."

"Yeah, the world is full of bad people. You can't be alone at school without us protecting you." Sirius said importantly. Remus looked up from the book he was reading.

"Are you really serious now, Padfoot?"

"I am always Sirius." Sirius said seriously. Peter laughed, starting up a chain of laughter. By the time the train entered King's Cross, they all had their sides aching, gasping for air.

"You told your parents I was coming, right? They'll be expecting me, right?" Ginny asked James as Sirius helped her trunk down.

"Of course! How could I forget?" James said, looking at her.

"Yes, how COULD he possibly forget with me reminding him once in ten minutes?" Remus commented. James put on a 'you-guys-are-teasing-me' look as they came out of the train.

Ginny spotted Lily and Alice and hugged them goodbye (with Lily giving a disdainful look towards James over her shoulder) and followed James. Remus and Peter had left them with a quick goodbye on the doorstep (with Remus promising to visit weekly). Sirius had been careful not to be noticed with them outside the train. Now, Ginny spotted him standing with his family- Orion and Walburga Black, who were eyeing other people as they were dirt. Sirius wore a really sullen expression which conveyed that he'd rather be with a bunch of Blast-ended Skrewts than his family. Regulus was standing behind him with a quiet expression- not intimidating like Orion and Walburga, but not friendly either. For a moment, his eyes meet Ginny's and he tried to mouth something to her, but Ginny looked away quickly. Looking at Regulus just triggered her memory more, in turn making her feel guilty. And that was something she couldn't stand at all. Feeling guilty.

"There they are." James interrupted her thoughts. Ginny caught sight of Mr and Mrs Potter, James's parents. They both smiled at her. James had not forgotten to inform them afterall.

"You must be Ginny." Mr Potter shook her hand, while Mrs Potter directly hugged her.

"James told us alot about you in the Letters." Mrs Potter said. "I heard you're helping him to win the heart of his dream girl?" Ginny laughed and looked towards James, who had turned red.

"I am Charlus Potter" Mr Potter introduced himself, "and this is my beautiful wife Dorea Potter." Charlus Potter had jet black hair like James's, but they weren't messy, nor did he wear glasses. Except that, James had a striking resemblance to his father. But he had inherited his hazel eyes from his mother. Dorea Potter had an extremely beautiful face. Her hair was red, but not bright red like Ginny or Lily. Instead, it was kind of darker blackish shade. Ginny remembered that she had seen Dorea Black's name on the Black family tapestry. Clearly, Dorea had inherited the Black family's royal look.

"Come on, honey. I'm glad I'll have a girl for company this Christmas!" Dorea said, taking Ginny's hand. "As for you, I think you'll be easier to put up with when Ginny is around." Ginny laughed at James's indignant face. Charlus was already leading them through the barrier, into the muggle world. Ginny side-apparated with Dorea as James went with his father.