CHAPTER 25

This chapter is dedicated to LiveTrustPixiedust for her support. Love you!

Next morning there was a pandemonium in Gryffindor common room. It was the first Hogsmeade weekend. Everyone was getting ready for the trip. And there was apparantly another reason. The Quidditch Tryouts were going to take place on Monday according to the notice in the noticeboard. And James was the Quidditch captain.

    "You didn't tell me!" Ginny said in an accustory tone to him. She was currently in the boy's dormitory to urge James and Remus to hurry up.

    "I thought you knew." He said, not paying much attention to her as he was constantly trying to ruffle up his hair to make it look messier. It was pissing her off to no extend.

    "I didn't see you wearing the badge!" Ginny said.

    "Yeah, actually you know.... I don't show off much...." James was interrupted by a cough from Remus, which was a pathetic attempt of hiding a snort.

    "What?" James glared at Remus. Remus ignored him and looked at Ginny.

    "He didn't wear the badge because he couldn't. Padfoot had charmed it so that it showed 'bum-stained' instead of 'captain'. He couldn't put it right until yesterday.

    James ignored Ginny and Remus's joint laughter as he asked, "Speaking of Padfoot, where is he?"

    "He went downstairs half an hour ago. Are you done?" Remus asked.

    "Five minutes more." James said. Remus exchanged exasperated glance with Ginny. He has been saying that for the past fifteen minutes.

    "I am going down with Ginny. Join us when you are done." Remus said. He and Ginny went downstairs, and were greeted by the most hilarious site. Lily was playing with a large black dog on her lap.

    "Lily what...." Ginny was cut off by Remus who held her hand and motioned her to stop.

    "Remus don't you realise...." Ginny said to an amused Remus in a loud whisper who silenced her again. "I realise everything. Just wait and watch the show." Ginny bit her lip. James won't like this a bit. She went and sat in front of Lily. The black dog on Lily's lap gazed at her for sometime before cudding up to Lily.

    "He is cute, isn't he?" Lily said patting the dog, who licked her lovingly (Ginny had an intense urge to puke). "I named him Snuffles."

    "Uh.... yeah.... he is cute" Ginny agreed. Remus joined them.

     "Hey Lily" he greeted.

    "Oh, Remus, hi." Lily said and continued to play with 'Snuffles'. Ginny heard footsteps coming down from the boy's dormitory. She prepared herself. This wasn't going to be pleasant.

    "Ginny, Remus, Sirius were are you...." James stopped in his tracks as the scene it front of him registered in his mind. His face became red of anger.

   "Why you little son of a bitch...." James suddenly pounced towards the couch where Lily was sitting and dragged the dog by his ears. 'Snuffles' was dragged away from Lily's lap.

    "Potter! What do you think you are doing?" Lily stood up, her face matching her hair.

    "Dragging the dog away!" James repled in an angry tone.

    "Why? And why on earth is he 'son of a bitch'? Lily asked, equally angry. But James was now a bit calmer.

   "Bitch means female dog, Evans." He said in a pathetic attempt of a grin.

    "And why are you dragging him away?"

    "Uh.... you see...." James scratched his head. "You might get Rabies."

   Lily left the common room, stomping her foot. Now it was only three of them, and Snuffles.

    "Transform." James growled. "Now."

    The dog transformed. Within seconds, Sirius Black stood in that place, giving them an idiotic grin.

    "What in the name of Merlin's armpit do you think you were doing?" James growled, his anger returning in full force.

    "I was playing with Evans." Sirius said in an innocent voice. James looked unable to answer Sirius due to anger. He turned towards Ginny and Remus.

    "And you two." He roared. "Why didn't you stop her?"

    Ginny winced slightly at the intensity of anger but Remus replied calmly, "What did you want us to do? Drag Sirius away and give a lame excuse to her like 'you might get Rabies'?

    Unable to contain his anger, James stomped his foot (yes he did that) and left the common room fuming, followed by amused Sirius, Remus, and an exasperated Ginny.

Hey guys, this chapter was sort of filler, but I felt I just HAD to include this one! It was hilarious according to me. What do you think? ;)

Please please vote and comment. I love you all. And mind you, there are loads of Marauder Action coming up in the upcoming two or three chapters. Silverfur may or may not look important in these chapters but trust me, Silverfur will soon come into action. Keep reading!

22 votes and 9 comments for next chapter.... ;)