CHAPTER 39

This chapter is dedicated to AnkitaBarat for listening to my continuous whinings and supporting my story. Love you! :D

She tried to run after him, but her legs wouldn't move, she tried to shout more, but her voice became hoarse, desperately, she watched his retreating figure, disappearing in the darkness.

"Harry! Wait! I love you! Harry!"

"Ginny, what's wrong? Wake up! Ginny!" Someone shook her roughly. Through her blurred eyes, she saw a silhouette of someone- with messy hair. Without thinking, she flung her arms around the person who was bending over to wake her up. His figure was so familiar....

"Harry, I swear, I didn't mean to kiss him, I didn't know he would...." her cries muffled up in his shoulder. Harry, however, didn't hug her back immediately. He became sort of stiff, then after few moments,he patted her back awkwardly.

"Shh, it's just a nightmare, Ginny." He whispered. She kept crying and crying, until her thoughts became clearer. Her mind cleared. Harry wasn't leaving her- then he wasn't angry.... but wait!

She was at the Marauder's era, Regulus had kissed her, then how was Harry here?!

Her eyes widened in horror, as she realised what happened. She let go of him immediately, and as she had worked out, a very awkward looking James Potter stood before her, ready to bombard her with questions.

James quietly held out a glass of water to her. It was rare for James to be this thoughtful, but however, Ginny couldn't think straight. She took the glass and drank the water, without looking at him. She could still feel his gaze on her, she felt him sitting besides her.

"Care to explain?" She heard him saying.

"I had a nightmare." She came up with a lame excuse.

"I know that. Want to talk about it?" Ginny shook her head.

"It isn't important."

"Yes it is. You have to explain. I won't leave you alone otherwise."

"I don't want to talk about it to anyone."

"Not even me?"

"Who exactly ARE you?" Ginny looked up to glare at him.

"I just...."

"Don't you dare say you care!" Ginny instantly felt bad to see the hurt look on James's face. But she was angry, miserable.... she didn't want to take it out on James, but she couldn't really help her mental state.

"Whom did you kiss?" James asked.

"Wha...?!"

"You said you didn't mean to kiss 'him'. Who is 'he'?"

"Its none of your bussiness!"

"It is! If it is some wimp...."

"You're not my brother James, so don't act like one!" Ginny glared at him.

"I thought I was as good as one." Ginny had no answer to his quiet voice.

"OK, tell me, who is Harry?"

"Who is Harry? I don't know...."

"Don't avoid the question Ginny! The name keeps cropping up since we've meet you. You are just avoiding it!"

Ginny took a deep breath. "What do you want to know?" She asked.

"I want to know who is Harry" James said, looking straight at her.