CHAPTER 38

This chapter is dedicated to befuddled_thoughts for being an amazing writer and friend. Love you!

Thank you to @AnkitaBarat for making the amazing cover! Unfortunately, it is becoming hazy when I'm trying to change it. :(

"Where were you?" Sirius demanded as Ginny climbed through the portrait hole, red at face from running all the way back. "You look like an acromantula chased you."

"I was.... outside.... forgot.... had to do.... homework!" Ginny said as she gasped for breath. All the four Marauders were sitting at the floor near the fire.

"Well, come on then. I just convinced these three to sit with homework." Remus said. And surely enough, they were surrounded by all the sorts of books, and homework which they had neglected the whole week.

Honestly, Ginny was too happy to oblige. She just wanted to divert her attention to something else. Abusing Professor Kettleburn for assigning them an essay and diagram of a bowtruckle seemed the best way to do it.

After scanning through the pages of 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them', they had finally completed the Bowtruckle essay, only to be bombarded by the non-verbal spell essay set in Transfiguration by Professor McGonagall.

They where halfway through the essay. Their corner was silent except of the sound of quill scratching. Suddenly James, who had been ignoring Ginny until now, let out a howl- "GINNY!"

"What?!" Ginny looked up, startled by this sudden shout. Sirius overturned ink over his parchment, and Remus dropped his quill. Peter looked as if he had wetted himself.

"I TOLD YOU I'M SORRY! NOW PLEASE WILL YOU...." James lowered his voice to a whisper due to the funny looks he was getting from around the common room, "Now please will you forgive me and help me with Evans?"

Ginny stared at him, dumbfounded for a moment, then broke out in a hysterical laugh. Sirius and Remus joined her. Peter muttered something incomprehensible under his breathe.

"What?" James scowled at them, annoyed.

"Chill, mate!" Ginny said between laughs, "I never said I wouldn't help you with Lily, I just said you have to get her forgiveness by yourself!" James stared at her.... then suddenly grinned.

"Oh, I misinterpreted your words."

"I haven't forgiven you yet." Ginny said.

James was going to say something, but Sirius interrupted him.

"Shut up Prongs. Silverfur, do you remember tonight is full moon?"

"Yes, of course, I...."

"Well, you and Prongs aren't going." Remus finished for Sirius. Ginny stared at him.

"What? Why? Of course I am...."

"No." Remus said firmly. "I'll be at Shrieking Shack tonight. No outside venture."

"But why?" Ginny asked with indignation. She felt really annoyed.

"Ginny, no offense, but you look terrible. You look like you haven't slept last night." Said Sirius. "And Prongs would be staying because he sprained his ankle while coming down from Divination."

Ginny looked at James to see similar annoyed look on James' face.

"Look guys, you're making much too deal of it, I'm perfectly fit...."

"No" said Remus, and the tone of his voice indicated the finality that his decision wasn't going to change. Ginny and James' exchanged exasperated looks, but didn't argue with Remus.

"So Ginny, would you like to keep me company tonight? I mean...." James said quickly, "I would be bored by myself and no one else will be there to keep me company so...."

"Yeah, sure." Ginny grinned at him, "I trust you enough to know that you wouldn't try any hankypanky with me." James laughed.

"Nope, I wouldn't. Evans would kill me." James answered.

"She'd be happy to do so anytime even if you don't do anything with Ginny." Remus commented, cleaning up the ink with his wand.

"Not funny, Moony." James growled.

*___________*

That night, after Sirius, Remus and Peter slipped out of the dormitory, Ginny quietly joined James in the boy's dormitory. All the day, an obnoxious voice in Ginny's head had been nagging to think about what had happened at the morning. Everytime it seemed to be coming to her mind, she engaged herself in some loud conversation with the Marauders, or with anyone else, or started quarreling with Marlene. This had successfully stamped down the voice in her head. That's why when James suggested exploding snap, she didn't decline. The longer she was within noise, the longer she'd be OK.

"That ends it then," James said with a particularly large bang, "I'm too tired to play more."

"One more game?" Ginny suggested eagarly.

"Nope." Said James with a large yawn. "Go to sleep. I tell you what, you take my bed, I'll take Sirius', they have a habit of leaping into the bed after coming back. I don't think you'll like it if Sirius falls on you."

Laughing gloomily, feeling dejected, Ginny lied down on James bed, her eyes wide open. She heard James snoring lightly on the bed besides her. She won't think, the moment she'll think, she'd feel guilty, she won't sleep, won't sleep....

Ginny was standing in a room, black curtains were drawn across the windows. She was at a room of 12, Grimmauld Place, or Burrow, or anywhere else, she wasn't sure. A tall figure was approaching her, she fixed her eyes upon the figure- it looked so familiar, his face came into focus- his emerald eyes, they were accusing, disappointed, hurt....

"You betrayed me." A voice spoke in a low, hurt voice- his voice wasn't angry, but hurt. Ginny would've preferred it if he had shouted, or had been angry, this was much worse....

"You betrayed me." Harry repeated, in the same voice. "I waited for you, I searched for you, I tried to protect you, but you betrayed me."

Ginny's eyes filled with tears, she could not bear his voice- she couldn't bear him being hurt....

"I swear Harry, I swear I didn't!" she cried, "Regulus kissed me, I didn't kiss him back, I...."

"You didn't stop him either." Harry pointed out. Ginny fell silent, tear swimmed in her eyes- that's right, she didn't stop him, she had allowed him to come closer....

"You knew this would happen." Harry said, "yet, you didn't stay away from him."

Ginny kept silent. Yes, somewhere deep in her mind, she knew how Regulus felt about her. Yet, she kept coming to him, solely because she knew how alone he'd be without her. Sometimes, in their peaceful meetings, she used to find comfort, comfort of being away from her family, friends, comfort of being away from Harry. Somewhere in their solitude, she had found happiness.

Harry came closer to her. He put his hand under her chin, lifted up her face, and kissed her. She felt love, as well as sadness, in his sweet, gentle kiss. He broke way, leaning his forehead against hers. His eyes sad.

"I have to go." He said, looking her in the eyes, "I can't stay, you don't need me." Ginny panicked- no, no, she needed him....

"Harry, Harry wait, I need you, I love you, wait.... please wait.... Harry...!"

She tried to run after him, but her legs wouldn't move, she tried to shout more, but her voice became hoarse, desperately, she watched his retreating figure, disappearing in the darkness.

Important
My other fanfiction is up. It is called After The Darkness: A Timetravel Fanfic (Marauder Era). And few of you has asked this question, I am answering it now- it is not a Harmione/Harmony fanfiction. Whatever it may seem like. :D Please do read it! I'm working hard on it! You'll not be disappointed (I hope). Also, I updated this one fast, isn't it!

Keep reading! Don't forget votes and feedbacks! Thank you! :D

Love you! :)