Tongues of an angel

Lee

The greatest thing came from an unexpected person, it either will teach you a lesson or he will be the lesson itself.

I have been with him for a couple of years now and I'm happy he was able to show his feelings towards me, he faced the world with me.

I am here abroad to undergo chemotherapy. I was diagnosed with Blood Cancer, at first, it was hurting me, I feel like I was cursed, why? Because life gave me Ali to be happy but it took back the happiness that it provided me. In just snap of a finger, everything changed. I am slowly dying.

I tried my best to stay strong not for me but the US. However, when I was in my fourth year, I felt that my body becomes weaker, I can no longer do the things that I usually do. Even holding a pen to write a love letter, I can't, my body can't.

Mom said that this is part of the chemo, my body will become weak at first but as long as continue doing it I'll recover my strengths again.

I told myself that I will be strong and I will stay strong. But as time goes by my body is no longer the same. I can't stand, I can't pee alone and I can't even eat on my own.

I was depressed for days, but I fought hard to survive. Ali is waiting for me. He should not see me weak, he was still sending me love letters, he knew that I can't write and can't send him letters but he keeps on sending me. In his letters, he always sends me pictures of him with our friends.

Ali became my motivation and inspiration to work hard.

It was almost New year's eve when I told mom that I am already tired, that I can no longer do chemotherapy.
Last night I heard mom and the doctor talking that my time is almost done. Mom cried very hard that time, I covered my face with my blanket and cried. I prayed that everything was just a dream, I still have so many things to do in life. How am I going to do this if my time is almost ending?

I decided to go home to surprise Ali, I know that my time is about to end that is why I did my best to go back to the Philippines, I wanted to see Ali and my friends for the last time. I can feel how my heart beats slowly. I can't breathe.

After we arrived home, Mom told me to rest, I advised her to call my friends and help me to surprise Ali. I was happy very happy but everything stopped when my heart stopped beating.

Even though it's hard for me to write, I still manage to finish my letter to them. I was able to write a letter to them. The last letter for them.

I saw my body lying down on the bed, I tried to go back to my body but I can no longer do it.

I smiled, I know that my time was coming but I did not expect that I will leave this world this instant. Not even smiling and talking to my love.

I saw my door opened and my friends came, they were all smiling, they went to my direction and touched my cold body.

They all stood up on my side, Helen tried touching me but she did not feel anything. Mom run next to me and hugged me, she immediately called the doctor and the doctor announced that I am no longer breathing.

Everyone is crying. I am crying as well, it's so hard seeing them crying.

"Lee, why do you need to do this? Huh? You just came home, I have so many things to tell you, wake up," Athena cried out loud.

I saw how Pat tried not to cry. Pat is the strongest person in our group I never saw her cried.

"Lee, can you hear me? I'm sorry, I'm sorry we arrived late, I want you to know how happy I am knowing you, you are the source of our happiness, I'm sorry," She said and hugged me.