Chapter Five: sleepover and magcon

"Hayes, we fell asleep last night." He still has water on his face, he grabbed a shirt he found on the floor and wiped his face until it was dry. I yawned and suddenly realized that I'm not wearing the clothes I had on last night. For some weird reason, I'm wearing one of Hayes's shirts.

"Hayes, why am I wearing one of your shirts?" He looked at me and then looked like he was thinking.

"Oh, I know why! You got up at midnight and we both stayed up. You said that you didn't want to ruin your dress or something so you asked me if you could borrow a shirt." Oh yeah, I remember now. I did. I got up off the bed and tried to find my phone. I looked all around the room and finally found it under my dress, I turned it on and I didn't get a call or a text.

"Do you want to go to the hospital later?" I do, but I don't. If I do, I might cry and they might not be okay. But if I don't, I will be even more upset and I... I need to see them. The only problem is, they are in California, it would be a five hour drive. I decided to text mom.

"Mom, are they okay?" I dropped my phone and when I picked it up, mom was calling me.

"Lex- Lexi?" It was Tierra. I put her on speaker and sat on Hayes's bed with him. Nash and Sky had left after they woke us up. I was so excited to hear her voice.

"Tierra?! Omg, your alive!" Hayes smiled. Tierra was breathing heavy on the phone.

"Lex- Lexi, it's Evan. He's hurt."

"Get him on the phone. Tierra, get him on the phone." There was a long pause.

"Lex, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Evan, just died. He suffered from severe brain damage." It was mom talking on the phone. My hands became shaky and I couldn't hold back the tears. Hayes held my hand and pulled me close to him. He comforted me when I cried. My sobbing became louder.

"Hayes? What's wrong? Did you fall off the bed again? Did you watch a sad movie again?" Nash yelled from down the hallway. Cameron was with him.

"No, shut up. I don't do that! It's Lexi." I laughed when Nash said that.

"I don't do that." I wiped the tears from my eyes and smiled.

"Sure. I'm sorry that I got your shirt wet. I didn't mean it, I'm just really upset about Evan." He smiled and looked into my eyes.

"You know, when you came here, I didn't feel lonely anymore. I knew that you were the one, the one that I would love." My heart just melted.

"I have to tell you something, I- I love you. I love you Hayes." His cheeks turned pink.

"I love you too. I have to ask you something too. Will you go to Magcon with me?"

"Magcon?! I love Magcon!!! I have to ask my parents but I'm sure it's okay. When is it?" His eyes widened and he looked so excited.

"It's this Saturday. At five." Nash and Cameron walked into the room.

"Cam, I gotta ask you a question." Nash took Cameron's hand and bent down on one knee.

"Will you, go to Magcon with me?" Cameron wiped his cheeks like he had just stopped crying.

"Well, I dunno. I'm kinda busy, you know me, I got the wife, and the kids, and the job, n oh who am I kidding! Yes I'll go with you." Cam hoped into Nash's arms and they both ran out of the room laughing.

"Are they always like this?" I ask while laughing.

"Always. And the older they get, the younger they act."