Chapter Eight: my boyfriend and my lying mother

Now I'm trapped in this boring room. Hayes stayed with me the whole time, he never left my side. I'm trying to keep track of my piece of paper, I drew random drawings on it and I communicated with the nurses and other people with my piece of paper.

"Hayes, what would you do if I didn't make it." He gave me a blank look.

"If you didn't make it, I would cry my eyes out and I would beg you to come back. Why would you ask a question like that? You know that I would be devastated." I looked down at my wrist. I rubbed the bandage and saw flashes of what happened. I saw the fan, I saw the knife, I saw my bleeding wrist, I saw how Hayes worried about me, I saw how much he loved me. The whole scene just flashed in my head. Hayes was my hero, he saved me and he was so calm. My parents barged through the doors. "Oh honey! What happened?" I wrote what happened on the paper.

She had a disgusted look on her face. "Did you cause this?" She asked as she turned to Hayes. "We were at Magcon and a fan went off on her." She nodded.

"So it was you. I didn't even tell her that she could go. And last time I checked, she didn't ask me." She looked at me and I slide down the bed and tried to hide from her. "We will talk about this later."

I grabbed my paper. "No, we won't talk about it later. I went, I got hurt, I lived and learned. You can't punish me because I'm spending time with my boyfriend." She and Hayes looked surprised.

"Your boyfriend?! When was this established?" Mom asked me.

"Right now, I've learned so much about him and I love him." He smiled. Mom walked out of the room with dad following her. Hayes held my hand and looked into my eyes.

"I never did ask you to be mine. But now that we're here, would you be mine. You were the greatest thing that ever happened to me." I nod and try to smile. Nash walked in the room and looked at me. He approached me.

"I'm sorry you got hurt." I shook my head.

"It was my fault." I write on the paper. I pushed the paper to him.

"She can't talk." He looked into my eyes. "Lexi, I really don't hate you. I just mess with Hayes a lot and I don't want him to get hurt." I looked at him blankly.

"Do you really believe that I would hurt him?" He looked at the floor. "No, I trust you. You were willing to die for Hayes." I respected how much he trusted me, when Josh begins dating, I'm going to be the same way.

"Hayes, why don't you sit with me." I scooted over and made room for him. He sat with me and held my hand. I began to shiver, and he grabbed a blanket and covered me up. Everything flashed before me again, Hayes, the fan, my wrist, everything just flashed before me. I was willing to die for Hayes, it sounds stupid coming from a fifteen year old but I'm falling for him, I'm falling hard. Hayes was there for me and nobody was ever there for me like Hayes is, not Jax, not mom, nobody.

"Hayes, you've never told me about yourself." He looked into my eyes and replied, "you know everything about me." I shook my head.

"I don't know your favorite color, favorite food, the basics. All I know is that you have social media, you are amazing at sports, you're funny, and sweet, and have beautiful eyes, and curly brown hair, and you-" I stopped writing when I saw something in the corner of the room. I tried to get out of bed, I walked to the corner and saw- I saw Evan. It can't be him, he's dead.

"Evan?" He looked up at me and hugged me. He hugged me so tight that I could barely breath, which isn't easy in the first place. I tapped him on the back. He let go when he realized that I couldn't breath. He looked at my wrist and throat, when he touched my wrist, I flinched from the pressure.

"What happened to your wrist and throat?" He asked. I looked at Hayes and he explained the whole story. "And who are you?" Evan asked in a very protective tone. "I'm Hayes, I'm Lexi's boyfriend." He held a hand out for Evan to shake. Evan shook his hand and put his hand on my shoulder.

"I missed you Lex." I smiled.

"I missed you too. I thought you were dead." He looked at me with a confused look on his face.

"Why would you think that?" I looked at Hayes.

"That's what mom told me, she said that you and Tierra were in an accident and you didn't make it."