Chapter Two: We aren't in California anymore

After a long car drive, we finally make it to Aunt Taylor's house. She is sitting in a swing on her deck. I have only saw her a few times and she looks different, he hair is lighter than I remember and she is skinny. I look around the neighborhood and I see two boys, they look like their around my age. Both of the boys have brown hair and icy blue eyes. One of them saw me, he smiled and walked down the sidewalk and made it to our house. He approached the house and greeted my aunt.

"Hello Mrs. Granger. I see that you have guests, are they family?" She smiled.

"Hello Hayes, yes they are my family. This is my brother Mike, his wife Claire, their son Josh, and their daughter Alexis." He smiled at us. He looked at me and his icy blue eyes stared Into mine. The other boy came over and brought a friend with him. The boy's friend had brown hair and hazel eyes. He had an obey sweatshirt on and khakis. The boy that looked like Hayes also had icy blue eyes and brown hair. My aunt had also greeted them,

"oh, hello Nash, hello Cameron." That made me wonder which one is Nash and which one is Cameron. Hayes approached me,

"hi, I'm Hayes. You are?" He smiled. "Oh, I'm sorry, I'm Alexis." He nodded and repeated my name.

"What a beautiful name. Alexis. Well Alexis, are you good at sports?" I thought to myself, I could lie and say no and he could teach me how even though I already know how, or I could tell him that I love sports and I have 12 trophies, which is true. I have them for volleyball, soccer, and softball.

"Yeah, I actually have twelve trophies. I'm good at volleyball, soccer, and softball." I heard the hazel eyed one laugh.

"Cameron. Knock it off." That was his name! Cameron is the one with the hazel eyes. So the other one must be Nash.

"Oh, no it's fine Hayes, I get treated worse with this little demon." Josh glared at me and he had a crazed look in his eye. He was going to do something to make me embarrassed in front of Hayes.

"Hey, Alexis. Go into my blue bag and get my nerf gun." Oh great. He may ruin the only chance I have at getting to know Hayes before Josh ruins it. Fine, I played along. I opened the bag and got the gun. I handed it to him and I grabbed the others. When I grabbed the last one, a puff of blue paint sprayed on me. Then it exploded. It was a dye pack. I knew it, I figured that I would amuse him for a moment. I turned away from the truck and ran to Josh, I am so mad at him right now that I could strangle him. Hayes saw my blue face and hair and put his hand over his mouth in shock. But Cameron and Nash on the other hand, thought it was hilarious. They were laughing and laughing. Hayes grabbed my hand and took me to his house. He said that it would be better over there, he said that he could get the dye off of my face and keep me from choking Josh.

We went to his house and a man, a woman, and a little blonde haired girl watched us enter the house. The woman asked what happened. She was beautiful, her hair was blonde and her skin was tan.

"My little brother put a dye pack in one of his suitcases and tricked me into opening the bag." She led me into the bathroom and told me to use soap and a towel to get the dye off of my face. She tried washing my hair to get the dye out of my hair. It came off my face but my hair still had blue in it. I came out of the bathroom and saw Hayes sitting on the couch with a volleyball in his lap. He had saw me come out of the bathroom and looked at my stained hair. I think he liked it. He tossed me the volleyball and I caught it.

"Wanna play with me, Nash, Cameron, and I?" I smiled from ear to ear.

"Prepare to lose." He smirked.

"Yeah right, you may have one 12 trophies, but there is no way you can hit my wicked serves." He ran outside and I followed him.

Nash and Cameron were on one side and Hayes and I were on the other. They let me hit a lot, one time I spiked and they were shocked when I spiked.