Chapter Twelve: Lips Like Those and My Life

"Do you remember me?" The guy with the bright blue eyes asked me.

"I remember you gave me a necklace, I remember that you have a little girl." He was happy when I said that I remembered the necklace.

"You remember Sky?" He asked probably hoping that I would remember.

"I remember a little girl, maybe her name was Sky." I said and he smiled and kept looking at my locket. His eyes widened and he showed me it.

"This locket, I got it for you. Do you remember?" I shook my head and his eyes locked on me again.

"Hayes, give it a few days. She just woke up. She'll remember soon." Matt said. I became curious and looked at my leg.

"What happened to my leg?" I ask Matt and he slowly opened his mouth like he was trying to find the words to say.

"You were surfing and you were pulled under by a wave and you were bit by a shark." I don't remember it, how can I forget a shark bite?

"Matt? You have a dent in your forehead, from... Nash!" I remembered, Matt was excited to see that I was remembering. Hayes was still upset that I don't remember him or the locket.

"Yeah, that's what I told you when we met. So it must come back soon because you've known Hayes longer than me." He smiled and looked at Hayes, he had his head resting on my hand. Hayes' head popped up and he kissed me.

"Do you remember that?" He asked me slowly opening his eyes. I remember now, I kissed him again.

"How could I forget lips like those?" I say and smile. He kissed me but we were pulled apart by a man standing in the hallway, he cleared his throat and Hayes moved. The silhouette came into the room, his head was hung low until he walked into the light. He had short brown hair and brown eyes. He lifted his head and looked at me.

"Angel! I haven't seen you in forever! How did you know I was here?" He hugged me and fixed his hair.

"Josh told me, I missed you so much and I was worried when I heard that you were in the hospital, I totally freaked and I drove straight down here. Man, Josh has gotten big, last time I saw him was when you cut your leg on the piece of glass." I remembered that and looked at my scar. My fingers ran across it and stopped at the shark bite.

"So are you going to introduce me or?" I totally forgot about that.

"Oh, um, this is Hayes and this is Matt, and in the hallway is probably Jack, Jack, Nash, Carter, and Evan." Angel looked at Matt and Hayes and shook both of their hands.

"How are you doing? How's ma?" He asked.

"I'm good I guess, I'm not really remembering anybody. Mom, she is mad at me, I'm moving out when I get released from the hospital. I just need to find a place to live and I'll be set." I looked at my leg and waited for the guys to say something.

"You could live with me!" Hayes said excitedly.

"I don't think your parents would allow that, we would be on their nerves." I say and he shook his head. He grabbed his phone out and dialed his mom's number.

"Hey mom, Lexi doesn't have a place to stay, can she stay with us?" He smiled and hung up. He put his phone in his pocket and hugged me.

"So I'm guessing that she said yes considering you are smiling and hugging me." I say as I try to breath because of how tight his hug is. He nods and tries to contain his excitement.

"Hayes, come here." I said and bit my lip. He pulled away and moved to my lips. His hoovered over mine and our blue eyes closed. God, how could I forget lips like those?

"I still can't believe that I forgot lips like those. How could I forget?" He laughed and handed me my diabetic bracelet and necklace. He helped me put them on and I put a pair of ripped skinny jeans, I grabbed a shirt and as I pulled it over my head, I saw a glimpse of what just happened, I saw the shark. I saw the waves. I saw the bite. I saw the ambulance. I saw my whole life flash before me. I remember the fire that I started when I was little, it was an accident. Everything else flashed and it made me lose my balance and fall backwards, but Angel grabbed me.

"Are you okay?" He asked whispering in my ear. I shook my head.

"I saw the shark, I saw my life, the glass in my leg, you and mom arguing, I saw Hayes when Matt kissed me, I saw Hayes in a coma, I saw Evan. Everything." He pulled me into a hug and rubbed my back. I felt dizzy and went to sit but fell. Hayes put his hands out for me to grab but I just curled up in a ball, I tucked my hands and knees in and sat on the floor. I let my hair fall to the floor and my makeup run as tears streamed down my face. The pain from my head pounding made me feel weak. I couldn't hold myself up and I began feeling dizzy. The pain was too much, I had to rock myself back and forth and try to stop the pain. Everything had been coming back to me, I remember everything.