Chapter Nineteen: Diabetic Ketoacidosis

As tears filled my eyes, Gilinsky and Johnson knocked on the door. Gilinsky came in and looked at me with a worried look.

"Well, what's wrong?" He asked me tenderly.

"Get out." I said and I held in my tears that were about to fall.

"Johnson, you can stay, Gilinsky, just go." I said as Johnson hung his head in disappointment. His frown suddenly turned into a smile and he sat next to me. Gilinsky walked out the door and I sighed.

"So what happened?" Johnson asked me.

"Gilinsky got me pregnant. Then Madison found out and she was being a jerk about it, and then we got into a car accident and guess who rammed into us? Madison." I said and I looked at my stomach.

"I don't think the baby's okay." I said while I lifted my shirt showing them a bruise. Johnson gasped and he put his hand on my stomach but I flinched, I quickly pulled my shirt down.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you." He said and he looked into my eyes.

"No it's fine, any pressure hurts. I don't want to take any risks." I explained and Hayes held my hand.

"You know, even though I wish that the baby was mine, I will still help you like it is my own." He said and I hung my head and watched my hair fall in front of my face. I stopped for a second and felt a sharp pain pulse through my body, I let go off Hayes' hand and I cried in pain. The nurse rushed in and pushed the guys out of the way, she looked at my stomach, checked my blood pressure, checked my pulse and so much other stuff that I was in too much pain to even think about.

"Tell Dr. Kane that she has diabetic ketoacidosis and that she needs to be treated right away." The nurse said to a few other nurses and they ran out of the room. The one nurse stayed with me and gave me a cup of water.

"Why does my stomach hurt so much?" I asked her and she looked at my stomach and saw that I had a huge bruise.

"It was probably when you were jerked, your seatbelt must have pulled tight and you jerked forward causing even more pain.  Or, it could be from you injecting insulin into your abdomen." She explained and Hayes tried to peak through the curtains. I began to shiver and he ripped through the curtain and looked up at my head and down at my stomach. I was shivering badly now and the nurse had already gave me three blankets. I took a sip of my water and shivered even more. He began to worry.

"Hayes, I'm fine." I tried to explain to him but he wouldn't listen.

"No, you're not fine, you're shivering and pregnant and you have diabetic  keto- whatever she said. What if this effects the baby?" He softly said trying not to yell at me.

  "It won't effect the baby- will it?" I asked the nurse fearing for the babies life.

"No, it shouldn't effect the baby as long as you stay hydrated and keep warm." She said and Hayes sighed in relief.  She walked out of the room and Jc was at the door. I bundled up and tried to keep warm but it wasn't working. My fingers became like ice and I couldn't feel my toes. I began to fall asleep, or pass out, I couldn't tell which. Jc walked into the room and I saw a blurry image of him. He looked at me and I past out, Hayes cupped my face in his hands and I past out.

The way the wind blew me to you (Hayes Grier) (book one)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara