Chapter 7 ~ Slight Comfort

🌿The songs won't be related to the chapters. These are just songs I have in my playlist for this story and I want to share these songs with y'all because they are good. 🌿

---

Kokichi slowly opened his eyes, immediately eyeing his surroundings. From the side he was looking at, he could tell it was his room. This immediately filled him with relief, snuggling into the blankets and for once feeling a bit at peace. His mind suddenly flashed to his last memory, causing him to sit up. He froze, coming face to face with Kiibo, who was awkwardly standing there on the other side of the bed. Kiibo gave a concerned look, surprised Kokichi woke up so suddenly.

"Kiibo," Kokichi cheered, though not too loud.

This put the robot at ease, relieved Kokichi was okay. Though, the happiness on Kokichi's face always surprised him. Even though it had been a long time since Kokichi got his old memories back and befriended the robot, Kiibo still wasn't use to it. It didn't feel right, in a way. Not that he was complaining. 

"Are you alright," Kiibo asked, giving a kind smile. "I heard what happened with Himiko."

Kokichi's smile fell, fear and sadness evident in his eyes. "Y-Yeah... I'm okay..." He clung to the blanket, pulling it up more. "What happened?"

"You passed out. While everyone's attention was on you, Himiko snuck away."

Kiibo sat next to Kokichi, unsure if it was okay to pull him into a hug or not. He didn't get a chance to ask though, as Kokichi went ahead and practically threw himself onto him. Kokichi mumbled a curse under his breath, upset that they went through the trouble of finding her for nothing. That's when a thought came into mind.

"Where is e-everyone," he asked.

"In the other room. They are trying to figure out what happened."

Kokichi's eyes widened. "In...Including Shuichi...?"

Kiibo immediately recognized his mistake, feeling Kokichi begin to shake in fear. "D-Don't worry! No one will let him near you."

That didn't seem to be the correct words to use, as Kokichi clung tighter. It made the robot slightly uncomfortable, unsure how to help him. Usually whenever he visits, the two would just go up on the roof and talk for a bit, Kokichi seeming calmer in his presence than Kaito's. But things were different this time. Stuff was happening and Kokichi wasn't mentally prepared to deal with any of it. Kiibo thought for a second before deciding it might be a good option.

"Let's go up on the roof. We can just pretend everything is normal until Shuichi leaves."

Kokichi seemed to like this idea, eyes lighting up with excitement. He didn't move though, waiting for Kiibo to give the go ahead. Slowly, Kiibo removed Kokichi off himself and stood up, opening the window. Kokichi followed him out to the roof, carefully going over to a flat part. The two stared off into some trees, neither knowing what to say. Kokichi just wanted to forget about Shuichi but he wasn't sure how. Kiibo pat Kokichi's back, hoping that somehow calmed him down. This lead to Kokichi grabbing and clinging onto his arm.

"Kokichi...?"

Kokichi didn't move, continuing to stare out at the trees. Kiibo didn't bother moving, feeling Kokichi slowly stop shaking. He really felt bad for the smaller male, only understanding so much what he could possibly be going through.

"... Do you want to talk about anything...? Like usual?"

Kokichi slowly nodded, saying, "Yeah... But I don't know what else to say... I think I've told you everything."

"It doesn't have to be about the past."

Kokichi was silent for a second before sighing. "Kiibo... I don't have anything else to talk about." His voice cracked as he clung tighter. "All I do is sit in this house all day and panic..."

"I... I know... I'm sorry..."

He shook his head. "It isn't your fault. If I could just... leave Kaito..."

Kiibo knew better than to contribute to that topic, not wanting to deal with Kokichi freaking out. Instead, the two went back to silent, Kokichi momentarily closing his eyes. Kiibo tried his best not to move, not wanting to startle Kokichi. This happened sometimes, much to Kiibo's surprise. Part of him wanted to ask Kokichi if this was what he thinks it is. But he wasn't sure how he would feel about either answers.

"Maybe..."

"Huh," Kiibo asked, jumping slightly at Kokichi suddenly speaking.

"Maybe... M-Maybe I could try."

Kiibo wasn't sure how to response. "Try what exactly?"

Kokichi let going, looking at Kiibo. "...L-Leaving h-him."

Kiibo's eyes widened. "Are you sure? You shouldn't push yourself if you are not."

"But... B-But I..." 

Kokichi suddenly stopped, quickly turning to face a certain sound. Looking down, he saw a head peak above the roof, giving a shocked look when seeing the two. Kokichi screamed, immediately jumping away and trying to get back inside. The person, who wore a mask covering the top of their face, smirked, before taking out a knife and coming at them. Kiibo immediately reacted, coming at the person and knocking them off the roof.

The three burst into the bedroom, seeing Kokichi fall inside. He just screamed as he pointed out the window. The three ran to it, only to be pushed to the side by Kiibo.

"Someone tried to stab Kokichi and they are getting away," Kiibo yelled, running past them. The three almost immediately followed after, Kokichi being left in the room alone.

He grabbed a blanket and curled up on the floor, eyes watching the window in fear. He didn't know what else to do, having no way to defend himself if anyone else came in. He continued to stare at the window, starting to feel like it was hard to breathe. No noise could be heard to him as he just stared, trying desperately to take some deep breathes. It wasn't helping, him slowly beginning to crawl further away from the window. He froze at the feeling of his back hitting something, shutting his eyes in anticipation for whatever might happen. 

"Kokichi," a voice yelled. "I'm sorry I left you alone."

He slowly turned his head to see Kaito, letting out a sigh of relief. Kaito sat on the ground by him, patting his head.

"We lost both the person and Kiibo. Maki and Shuichi are going to keep searching. They told me I needed to stay back here with you." His voice seemed both annoyed and tired, scaring Kokichi slightly.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

"You're fine! None of that was your fault."

Kokichi didn't respond, continuing to stare at the window. 

---

🌿I actually hate this chapter but eh. I already started on the next one because I really wanted to write so that might come out later.🌿