Chapter 3 ~ Violent Assumptions

Kokichi's fearful eyes stared into Maki's cold ones, silently pleading for mercy. Her grip slowly began to tighten, Kokichi's hands beginning to claw at her for air. Suddenly, Maki's eyes widened and she dropped him, standing up and taking steps back. Kokichi gasped, curling up in a terrified ball of fear. No words came out as he assumed his worse fears were true. That he had figured out Maki's true motives. He expected another attack, only to be met with Maki running off to his bedroom, her shutting and locking the door.

Confusion filled his mind as he continued assuming the worse. Surely Maki wasn't done with him. Perhaps her plan was more complicated than he originally assumed. Kokichi thought back to the killing game, how he planned many events that both saved his life and could've potentially ended the killing game. Of course, Maki having the memories of a professional assassin, she should be one step ahead of him, with maybe a few exceptions in-between. There was that time Kokichi discovered her talent before anyone else, the process of it having slipped his mind. There were only remanence of the male he was forced to be, his old thought process becoming nothing but a mess to him now.

Still, there was no way he could just give up. After everything he had been through, he refused to die to some girl who has barely even spoken to Kaito all this time. His thoughts went to Kaito, and how he'd perceive his death. There could be a mix of reactions. Possibly anger if Kaito planned on ending the smaller male off himself. Maybe amusement that Maki snapped in such a way. There was doubt if sadness would present itself in any timeline he thought of. After all the two had been through, it couldn't be too must to assume Kaito was sick of him. Which lead to Kokichi's most feared timeline. That there was a chance Kaito left them alone for this exact reason.

He hadn't realized till now that he was crying, breathing becoming slightly hard. If he didn't figure something out soon, he'd surely be dead. At this point, it wasn't even about who'd cause it. All that mattered was out smarting the assassin. Shakily standing up, he glanced around the room for any type of weapon, hopefully something easy to hide. However, after a certain incident involving sharp objects, most had been thrown out or hidden in higher places. Still, Kokichi refused to accept defeat in this situation. Taking some deep breathes, he entered the kitchen and pulled up a chair to a high up cabinet. The chair itself wouldn't provide enough height, an empty drawer being pulled out and stacked on top.

Standing on top and trying his best to retain balance, he slowly reached up and swung open a cabinet door, spotting a certain sharp object he hadn't seen in weeks. Moving up with the tip of his toes, his hand touched the tip of the handle, struggling to grab it enough to drag it down. Frustration set in as he gave a small jump, grabbing the handle and pulling it down. However, all his balance was gone, the chair tipping over and sending Kokichi to the floor with the knife falling out of his hand. There was a loud crash, Kokichi's eyes only shutting for a second before snapped open to watch the knife. There was no time to react before it landed face down right next to his arm, slicing into the side.

The cut wasn't all that deep, though enough to cause it to bleed. Biting his tongue, Kokichi tried his best not the scream, immediately pulling his arm away and holding it close. Kaito definitely wouldn't be happy if he saw this, striking more fear into the male. But there wasn't time to process that as a loud bang came from the room over, followed by running footsteps. Kokichi took action, grabbing the knife and running towards the sound.

Everything happened fast, his arm being grabbed in a tight grip, the knife being thrown to the other side of the room, and his body being slammed into the side of the wall. Kokichi kept his eyes shut, fearful of the look he'd receive from the assassin. Her grip tightened for a second before releasing him, allowing him to drop to the floor. He opened his eyes, quickly searching for the knife or anything that could be use in defense. Maki recognized this, place a foot on Kokichi to keep him down. She didn't push him down much, knowing his fragile body wouldn't be able to escape either way.