GOING FORWARD

Arianade sat on a black leather sofa with white strips waiting for Mark, he was taking longer than usual. She was a little bit worried, but she knew she shouldn't be: he could take care of himself. He had been on edge since Morgana told him about the death of his wife. I knew it was a lot to take in, but things seem to be going as planned on Earth.

Arianade sighed and stood from the chair she was sitting on. Walking towards the kitchen to get ready for Lunch, Arianade wondered if they were right to just keep waiting for things to fall in place. Stopping her mind from drifting, she set to work.

Ten minutes later, she heard the sound of someone coming in. Must be Mark, she thought.

She walked out of the kitchen, meeting a familiar look on Mark's face. 'Welcome home Mark.'

Home? Yeah this was my home now. It's been sixteen years. 'Thanks Arianade,' he said with a gentle smile.

'I am guessing training went well, from the look on your face and the blood on your clothes.' Arianade said.

'Well, you guessed right, it did.' Mark replied walking towards the kitchen. 'I smell something delicious.' he said as he sniffed around.

Arianade laughed, 'There you go again with your love for food, especially after a successful training session. Go take a shower first, before going anywhere near what is cooking.'

'Yeah, yeah Madam. I am going, I am going.' Mark turned towards Arianade and made his way towards his room.

When he had disappeared from her line of sight, Arianade made her way back to the kitchen to continue cooking.

******

Mark stepped into the cold shower. He let the running water wash off the blood from all the monsters he had slain. He did especially well today in sustaining no injuries. His powers were coming back, and he could feel it. Soon, he would be as powerful as he once was.

He clenched his fists as he recalled the incidents that occurred sixteen years ago. He was going to set it right soon- he had to.

He came out of the shower and put on a sweat pant and a polo shirt. He wanted to feel comfortable after a long training session in the Black forest. He left his room and headed for the kitchen.

As he entered the kitchen, Arianade said, 'Oh you are done. Just wait for a little while. Lunch is almost ready.'

He sat down at the table, picked up an apple and munched on it while he waited.

After five minutes, lunch was served and he and Arianade ate in silence. In an attempt to lift the silence, Arianade asked, 'So how many monsters did you kill in the Black forest today?'

Mark who had been looking down at his food the whole time raised his head to meet Arianade's eyes, 'I am not sure actually, I lost count after the two-hundred.' He said shrugging.

'Wow, impressive. Someone's gotten better.' she teased with a smirk on her face. 'Well not nearly as good as me though, I could kill thousands without even moving an inch.'

'Well I am not going to deny that, given the type and magnitude of your powers, but are you not exaggerating a bit by saying "without moving an inch."'

Arianade burst out laughing, and Mark followed suit.

'I know what is going on right now is not easy for you to take in. You might feel powerless and distressed right now, but you are doing the best you can right now. Remember, I am always here if you ever want to rant or complain. I completely understand,' Arianade said as she stretched her hand to Mark's hand and held onto it.

Mark said nothing but simply nodded. That reaction was enough for Arianade. Mark wasn't the type to talk much.

They continued eating.

******

Lamark and Amora were still thinking about what happened at school. Mr. Charles' reaction on seeing Lamark was weird to say in the least- it was suspicious. What made it more suspicious was the fact that he asked Lamark "Why and how he was here?" Like he wasn't meant to be.

Lamark sighed and Amora looked at him expecting a reason for the sigh. 'It's just, remember when Luca first met me?'

'Yeah, what about it?' Amora asked.

'He also had a strange reaction.'

'Yeah, I remember that. He looked like he had seen a ghost. I was also puzzled by his look.'

'Whatever the reason, Mr. Charles' and Luca's reactions on seeing me were practically the same. Mr. Charles just has a bad way of handling things considering how he blurted out those words.'

'We need to know why. They are both hiding something, that I am sure of at this point.' Amora said furrowing her eyebrows.

'Yes that is obvious at this point already, but the question is what? I have a gut feeling it is something related to the memories of four years that I can't seem to recall.'

Amora sighed and slumped her shoulders. Why exactly was she going through these problems. It was like the more she knew, the more her life became messed up, but at least she had Lamark.

'Don't think too much about it. I am sure it is all going to be alright princess.' Lamark said in an attempt to soothe her worries.

'Thanks Lamark. I hope so too.'

'Well then, enough of the thinking, let's eat dinner already!' Lamark exclaimed as he rose from the chair he had been sitting on.

They ate dinner and retired to their rooms.

******

Lamark couldn't sleep because of his worries. He needed to remember what happened four years ago. After giving it some thought, he decided to try casting a remembrance spell. He wasn't sure it would work.

Normally, it is only the person who casts the spell of forgetting that can cast a remembrance spell to bring back what was forgotten, or an extremely powerful person could also do it.

He sprung up from the bed and headed to the basement.

He thought of calling Amora as this might be a chance for her to learn the remembrance spell, but he decided not to, in case she was already asleep.

On getting to the basement, Lamark got candles and chalk to draw the magic circle on the floor. He drew the magic circle, lit the candles and set them in place. One at every corner of the star inside the circle.

He sat exactly in the middle of the circle, being careful not to knock off any of the candles. He began casting the spell.

He tried and tried, but to no avail. After one hour of trying, he gave up. He stood up and decided to clean the circle on the floor. As he bent to clean the circle, he saw a flash of a memory.

Mr. Charles and Luca.....

*******

Please remember to vote and comment. Enjoy the chapter.

P.S: Some new characters have been introduced. We will be seeing more of them soon.