Reassurance....

*******
[Everyone needs that one person that will always be there;just to be reassured....]

It's been almost a week since the outing with Luca and the talk about my nightmare with Lamark. Sadly enough, Lamark hasn't been able to actually figure out the message the nightmare held. The week has been a drag.

Every night feels the same, like I am living the same day over and over. I started dreading sleep cause every night I had to face the same nightmare....only it was getting more real with every passing night! It's like I feel every moment.

Now it's Saturday night and I am in my room with Lamark. He's been staying with me till I fall asleep since Tuesday. But, I think he's planning on sleeping here tonight since my outbursts from the nightmare has been going out of control.

'Care for a cup of water, princess?' Asked Lamark "I wouldn't mind" I said managing a smile. Getting up from the side of the bed, Lamark walked out of the room. I heard as his footsteps faded into the night as I drifted into my thoughts of not wanting to sleep. "How did I get into all this mess" I thought as I clasp my hands over my head.

I didn't even notice when Lamark entered the room until I heard him drop the glass of water on the table beside my bed. 'It's going to be ok, I am here for you Amora' he said tenderly. He sat on the bed as I leaned into him. "I am scared to fall asleep Lamark" I said fighting tears.

'I know princess, but I am here with you. I promise I won't go anywhere. I will be here all through the night.' He said. "You don't have to, really" I said trying to sound brave, though I really welcomed the idea of him staying. "I don't want to be a bother Lamark" I said looking at him.

'A bother? Never, it's my duty to keep you safe your highness. It's not a bother at all. Don't worry, I will be right here when you sleep and when you wake up.' "Thanks Lamark." I said holding his hands. I reached for the cup of water, after drinking I kept it back on the table.

Having Lamark stay here made my fear reduce a little. At least I know there's someone who will be there when the horror of my nightmare comes for me. No matter the outburst, he will be here. 'Don't worry I will stay on the couch' Lamark said with a smirk. I laughed as I lay on the bed still holding his hand.

''Goodnight Lamark" I said with a smile. 'Goodnight princess' he replied with a kiss on my forehead. The last thing I remember was Lamark's face as I drifted into the unconscious world...hoping my horror won't await me.

I had been coughing endlessly and had woken Lamark. He rushed to the bed and tried waking me. 'Amora, Amora, are you ok?' "I could hear him, but I couldn't respond. It's like my voice had been trapped. I began to whiz in an attempt to respond to him.

I could feel my body shivering and Lamark's concern as I was now fighting for air. "Was I being choked?" I wondered. It's like I was conscious and unconscious. "Ahhhh!!" I finally managed to get out. Gasping and panting for air. Lamark held me tight. 'Amora, you are safe now.' He said.

I hugged him back and started to sob quietly. 'It's alright, it's alright. I'm right here. No more nightmares, no more nightmares. You are safe now.' He repeated as he pat my back. I noticed how the room was disorganised; the flower pot on my bedside table had shattered, the books from the shelves had fallen to the floor. The curtains had burnt again!

"Did I do all these?" I asked Lamark as I pulled back from him and looked around the room. 'Yes, while you were having the nightmare. It's not your fault, you were unconscious.' He said. "Doesn't mean, are my powers meant for nothing but destruction! Now I see why mum hid it away from me." I said. "I hated this, I hated it all!" I thought.