A DECISION MADE....

Dinner ended a while back, and Amora laid on her bed having a video call with Mia. Mia was so excited to share how her date with Danny went. 'Wait, wait, wait, before you burst from happiness and excitement, don't you have a certain someone to say thank you to?' Amora asked.

Mia feigns a series of cough as she tries to act like she isn't aware of the someone Amora was referring to. 'Nope, I don't think I have a certain someone.'

Amora laughs at Mia's statement. 'Alright, tell me all about the date. Make sure you don't leave a single detail out!'

'I wasn't planning to,' Mia replied excitedly. Mia began chatting away every teeny tiny detail to Amora.

******

Lamark sat on his bed, his mind drifting. He remembered what had happened between him and Amora at the sitting room. He didn't mean to react that way: jerking away so quickly. Was I too obvious? Did she notice my reaction? Did she feel bad or hurt? Several questions were rushing through his mind.

Truth be told, he did that out of impulse, if not, they would have kissed. He couldn't kiss her! She is the princess, the heir to the throne of Davar! It was not his place to do that; not by accident, nor purposefully.

'Ahhh! Pull yourself together Lamark. You are meant to protect the princess, not go around thinking about kissing her or falling in love...' Lamark paused at his own words. Was he actually in love with the princess?

'Wait, Am I in love with Amora?' Lamark sits up. 'No I couldn't, I shouldn't! I need to get this off my mind first. Let me clear my mind by thinking of something else.'

He stands and starts pacing round his room. Think about something else; think about something else. He thinks about Mr. Charles and what Amora said about him despising her. If this Mr. Charles is close to Luca, then he shouldn't be trusted.

He is suspicious of Luca, so anyone associating closely with Luca is sure to be suspected too. I need to know more, but how?

******

Amora was still on her video call with Mia. Mia was getting to the climax of the date.

'Now to the best part!!' Mia screamed. 'ohhhh, I can't wait.'

'So, when he drove me back home, he walked me to the door. I turned to face him and wanted to say goodbye. When I turned, he was an inch apart from me. I was stunned, breathless. He was tooooo close!

'I tried to find words, but trust me, they didn't come.' Amora was listening intently as Mia narrated a story that felt like Deja vu to her.

At this point, Mia was beginning to blush, and Amora noticed it. Amora smiled as she knew a kiss was coming next, one that would be intense.

'He leaned in and before I could say anything, his lips found mine. At first, I wandered if I should react or just let it flow, but as the kiss continued, I figured the latter was the best option. I closed my eyes and let the moment do its magic.'

'Woooohoooo!! Someone finally got her first kiss.' Amora said as she danced from the happiness she felt for Mia. After a long time of waiting. Her first love is finally blooming. But where was she with her own first love? she wondered.

'Stop it Amora, you are making me more embarrassed than I already am.'

'Get embarrassed for all I care. I am so happy right now.' Amora said grinning.

'Thanks Amora. You knew all along, that he felt the same and encouraged me to go on.' said a sincere Mia. 'Please, don't make it sound so formal. I just had a hunch that you two liked each other,' Amora said shrugging.

'So what happened after the kiss?'

'Well, he chuckled and said "Finally, I have been wanting to do that for a very long long time." I didn't know how to react and just stood there like a potato.'

'Oh my god! Damn! Now that sounds like a hot line from a teen romance novel or movie.' Amora and Mia burst out laughing at Amora's comment.

'Mia! Could you come here, I need your help with something.' Mia's mum called.

'Yes Mum! I am coming.'

'Well, I got to go. My mum's calling. Thanks for listening to this girl's cliché love story. Bye Amora!'

'Yeah, bye Mia. See you on Monday!'

Amora closed her laptop and fell back to her bed. She was happy for her bestfriend. Mia's kiss with Danny reminded her of what happened with Lamark today. She could have had her first kiss today too- with Lamark.

She blushed at the thought, she liked Lamark and she knew, but how much did she like him, or in what way did she like him- that she wasn't sure of. 'Stop thinking about that Amora, there are serious things to think about.'

Let's get a glass of water first, before any more thinking is done.

******

Lamark was in the kitchen with a glass of milk, thinking. He had concluded that the best way to investigate both Luca and Mr. Charles was to become a student himself. He didn't hear Amora walk down the stairs and into the kitchen as he was still deciding if becoming a student was the best solution.

'Hey,' Amora said on seeing Lamark sitting at the table. Lamark was cut off from his thoughts. He looked at her and smiled, 'I thought you were asleep princess'

'Nah, I just ended my call with Mia, and decided to come out for a drink. What about you?' she asked as she opened the fridge and got herself a bottle of water. She got a cup and sat opposite to Lamark.

'I was thinking actually, about what you said earlier: Mr. Charles and Luca' Amora nodded as she gulped down her water. 'I decided that becoming a student at your school would be the best way to know what's going on.'

Amora didn't see that coming. 'Woah! Wait a minute. You actually want to enroll at my school? Like you, Lamark?' Amora asked laughing.

'Well yes, I didn't expect you would find it this funny Amora. I need to investigate more, and also to protect you in case anything was to go wrong. I don't want to be fifteen minutes far away from you all the time. I want to be with you Amora.'

Although he just wants to protect me, it really sounds like he is trying to tell me something more, something deeper.

'Well, you do have a point. Then become a student, that way we could also investigate together.'

'Yeah, so on Monday, we will be going together, I won't just be driving you and going back.'

Amora and Lamark talked for some more time before heading back to bed.

******

Monday was here already, and Amora was excited, while Lamark had some excitement coupled with uneasiness. He had a gut feeling that he whatever he was going to find out was going to be distasteful.

They both got dressed and headed for school. They arrived at school in exactly fifteen minutes. As they got out of the car, Mia and Danny went to meet them. Mia and Danny had been holding hands on their way. They look so cute together, Amora thought.

'Hey Amora! Oh Lamark is here too, hi.' Mia said

'Hey,' Amora and Lamark both responded.

'Hi, I am Danny. Nice to meet you' he said with a smile.

'Same here. I am Lamark.' he responded with a smile.

'Well since the introduction is done already, we might as well get going.' Amora said with a smirk that Mia seemed to return. They walked away and Lamark went with Amora to the admissions office.

They were returning from the admissions office and Lamark was assigned to Amora's class. On getting to class, Amora greeted Mr. Charles and he looked up to reply her but on seeing Lamark, Mr. Charles froze, like he had seen a ghost. Without thinking, he uttered the words, 'hhh h how, why aa are you hhe here?

******

Please don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you! Hope you enjoy the chapter.