Chapter 12

I sat in the dark shack with two fairies staring at me. One was Gabby and the other a older girl, who said her name was, Aaliyah. I looked at the floor, the room was filled with Gabby's humming and Aaliyah's occasional sighs. I stood up making my way over to the door. I slid open the small wooden door and gasped. There outside stood indeed a small village, although not what I had in mind.

All the villagers seemed to be females, all of which were fairies. There was an occasional human girl whose hand was held by a fairy clearly giving them a tour. I watched in awe as my brain tried to comprehend my current situation. I turned quickly to them and pointed outside, "what is all this?" The two girls merely look at each other then back at me. "This is the only safe zone for girls," mumbled Aaliyah, clearly annoyed with my ignorance.

I looked outside again, it was in an undiscovered part of the beautiful forest. The shacks up on the trees like tree houses, almost like the one I had at home. One my grandmother had at her house in the backyard among the flowers. The shacks have ladders that led to the ground but with further exception I saw the ladders being light enough to lift it up. Clearly for enemies not to find a way up. Every shack looked the same except they all had a wooden board with different a flower engraved in them. This one had a Lily.

"It stands for what flower we protect and harvest," said a voice behind me. I jumped to see Aaliyah smiling softly, her brown hair was in a Dutch braid and entangled in it were lilies. "You harvest flowers?" I asked, my eyes trailing around the village again, a small girl held Lilium flowers in a small wooden wagon. "Yes, you see every flower has a small link to magic. They have their own power, most people use them for good," I felt her eyes bore into my back. "Only specific people can use their magic here," Gabby added.
My eyes widen, do I have that power?

Gabby grabbed my hand and pulled me inside the shack, her small hand holding mine. She lead me to the bed where she sat facing away from me. No words were needed to know that she wanted me to braid her hair. My fingers combed though her hair, memories flooding into my head. The feeling of her thick and shiny black hair reminding me of my hair. My fingers nimbly working on Gabby's hair, I was known at school for being very fast at doing this. My friends would sit infront of me and beg for their hair to be done by me. I of course agreed, them being my friends I thought it would do no wrong, which of course didnt. I was simply good at it thanks to my grandmother.

I stop grabbing a nearby string and tying off her loose French braid. Aaliyah came up to me and handed me beautiful purple flowers. These flowers were like the ones stitched to the dress. I smiled at Aaliyah as i grabbed the flowers one by one and weaved them into frower crowns. After a while i placed the flower crown on Gabby's head. She squealed from happiness, talking nonstop about how the other girls would practically fume from jealousy of her new look. This somehow caused me happiness, probably because i felt like home. How i would talk to my freinds and feel like i fit in. it was all cheery before my grandmother died. after that everything went down hill. Nothing felt right anymore, my grandmother's garden was my only safe haven from the world. By now the flowers would have probably died or atleast were about to die.

"where is she?" a voice boomed through the room. I jumped and turned to the entrance of the shack, there stood a girl my age. She turned to me and gasped, her hands going up to her mouth. I watched her uncomfortably as she ran up to me, falling onto her knees and grabbing my hands. Something about her scared me, she looked so familiar it was practically haunting me. "My God! Alice its really you!" the girl exclaimed. "I'm sorry but it appears my memory is fading, i don't know who you are," i whispered, her face held hurt. I couldn't get over how familiar she looked, her wavy light brown hair falling just past her shoulders adorned with a light purple bow and those amazing hazel eyes. Her dress i believe was a white night gown. " How could you have forgotten me?" she had tears in her eyes. "I'm sorry, since ive been here my memory has been rather crazy," i tried my best to console her. "How could you forget your sister?" she cried, tears falling down her face.

My eyes widen, i felt as if my heart froze. Sister? Impossible i only had one, a twin sister. But we were separated at birth, my mother told me someone had gone into the room whilst she was asleep and stole of her. No one ever found who had done the crime, my mother said they just shrugged it off and told her to be happy that she had me left. which wasn't enough for her, she asked everyone around to help her look for her lost daughter, but no one found her or the kidnapper. it was as if they simply vanished. I always knew somehow that story just didn't make sense, but whenever i tried to ask more questions she merely brushed me off or started to cry.

I stared at the girl and pulled my hands away, looking around to meet the eyes of everyone in the room. "Is this some sort of sick joke?" i exclaimed angrily. I pushed the girl away and stood up from the bed, i looked down on her. "How dare you mock me and my family of our greatest loss!" i screamed, it felt as if all my stress and anger were now being taken out on her. She cowered on the wooden floor in fear, her hair in her face. "My family have been stricken with many losses," i began to cry. Hot tears falling down my face. The girl yelled back, "Alice Darling how could you not recognize your own sister! Its me Wendy! Whatever lies our mother told you are clearly wrong! Look at me," she was now in my face, i didn't look at her. i didn't want to believe anything she said, i couldn't in honour of my mother and my family.

Even though i didnt want to believe her, something inside of me told me i should, part of me knew it was true.

I forgot about the others until Aaliyah stood up. "There seems to be some sort of commotion," she stated calmly "a wounded girl has been found." Wendy stood up, her hands brushing away the tears, "I'll be over in a second I just need to regain my posture."
She took, one, then two, then three breathes before she recovered. She walked past me and out of the shack, I felt a small hand on my shoulder, I turned to find Gabby. She gave me a reassuring smile as she gave my shoulder a squeeze. She walked out of the shack followed by Aaliyah, who gave me a disgusted look. Which I gladly returned.