Chapter 3 Peter Pan

Neverland... why was this name so familiar?

She had braided my hair and incorporated flowers from our garden. "Grandmother please tell me of the special place again," I begged, I was only 6 at that time and a calm child for my age. My grandmother was still alive and healthy. She gave me a smile and held me close. She started like she did with every story she told me, "Once upon a time."

"A magical island was created by blue fairies to help sad and lost children to feel happy and meaningful. An island full of flowers and tall powerful trees. Not to mention beautiful wonders. I once stumbled upon this island, because I felt lost and confused. A fairy named Tinkerbell came to me saying that she was going to take me to a place where dreams were made reality. At first of course I was skeptical, but I fell for her persuasion. All of a sudden from my room she picked me up into the air! We flew into the night sky and pass the stars. I had the best time of my life, I was flying! When I arrived on the island I was mesmerized by the beauty of the island. Above me beautiful clear sky and below me the ground was green and full of life. I turned to her and she said something in a soft voice "this can be yours if you choose to stay." I was young and stupid, and agreed. I stayed for what seemed to have been a month. I took care of everything, the wildlife, the waters and plants. I made sure to keep everything as beautiful as it has been. What I think was years passed and Tinkerbell was impressed with my work, but I was not happy. I was depressed and tired, I felt like my life was being consumed by the island. Tinkerbell saw this and gave me the choice to leave and I said yes. She sighed and nodded, she gave me a necklace I'm wearing, saying if I ever wanted to go back all I need to do was say so. She called it "The Heart of Neverland" a precious piece of the island. I left the beautiful island regretting but I wished I could go back but the necklace never worked. So my cherished memories are of the island and my timeless years I lived happy and cheerful."

Years later, she was in her bed dying from an odd and unknown disease. Tears were falling down my face as I watch her dying in front of me. "A-Alice." I turn to my mother, as if asking for permission, she nodded. I walked up to her slowly, for every step a hot tear fell. When I reached my Grandmother she gave me a weak smile. I watch as her shaky hands reached behind her neck, she took off the necklace. A large silver necklace with 4 red rubies, small pink stones surrounding each red stone. It was as beautiful as my Grandmother herself.

His smirk was replaced with a angry frown, the beautiful green eyes replaced with a deadly and scary green. "How did you get here?" he asked trying to be calm. The fear of being killed came over me, I looked at Felix who looked at the ground confused. "Answer me!" he demanded hurting my waist. I whimper from the pain and fell, he groaned. "I don't know," I whispered softly, not caring if he heard or not. My dress falling gracefully around me, as I sat crosslegged. Peter looked at me amused, he knelt down and grabbed a part of the fabric in his hand. He looked at me and smirked "So let me guess we have a princess no a ballerina! Of course a ballerina, he touched my thigh softly. I pushed his hand away and slapped him before pushing him away. I stood up but later I felt Felix's arms around my waist. I turned to him to meet his eyes. They looked different more happy more in love?

Peter Pan stood up enraged by my reaction. "How dare you! Felix take her to the camp." he tried to calm down but I could hear his anger. I felt myself being lift and thrown over Felix's shoulder. I felt a cool feeling against my chest fall down and hit my face.

It was my necklace... a gift before my grandmother died...

The Heart of Neverland.