Chapter 9 Magic

I apologize for any mistakes. This chapter may be short, due to the fact that I use my phone to type it. Please enjoy and have a magical day!

My hand was held by Felix's larger one, his taller figure looming over mine. We walked all morning, it was currently early noon. I look around, holding a dagger Felix had given me. It's cool blade pressed against my tunic, which I still wore. Felix told me Peter always knew where everyone was, and Peter knew by now that we must have escaped. He probably was looking for us, most likely hot on our trail. I almost feared that out of anger he'd hurt Felix. He wouldn't, Felix was only trying to protect me. Besides they're best friends, right? I mean Felix would do whatever he could for Peter. But why would he choose me?

I turn to Felix and wonder, his manly features seemed to be more visible during the day. Although we were surrounded by forest, ever so often a ray of sunlight would hit his face in such a way that causes his face to look even more stunning, if that was possible. He's handsome face could cause envy from my "friends." The thought caused me to smirk.

He must have noticed my staring, because he turned to face me. A smirk plastered on his handsome face. I quickly turn away, my face surely having a bright shade of pink. I heard a faint chuckle coming from him. My heart beating faster from embarrassment. "Alice, I see you seem to like my face," he teased. I could sense the smirk turn to a cocky grin. I rolled my eyes, and mumbled "whatever." Looking the other way to avoid his stare.

I stopped as I heard a rustle of leaves, I turn to look behind me to find darts going to their targets.

Us

My eyes widen, "Felix look out!" I pushed the boy out of the way, my arms flew up to cover my face. A yell escaped from Felix. I noticed my action caused a large stone to appear in front of me. A shield. I pushed my arms forward, the rock moving rapidly to the direction of the owner of the darts. I heard a loud crack as the rock hits a tree. I let out a growl of frustration, as I noticed I missed. Another pair of darts flew at me at my left. I didn't know what came over me, as my body began to shift. I twirled as I gathered air and pushed it towards the darts. They fell onto the ground, I rose my left foot and stomped the ground. The earth below me shook, I watch as trees move their branch at who I think was the intruder. But of course they were too quick and the trees missed the target.

Felix grabbed my hand, dragging me from the scene.

"What was that?" He asked frantically as we ran. We ran, not stopping in fear that the person was still on our track. "I don't know! It just happened," I say through gasps as the running was finally getting to me. I was not at all very fit, a proper lady was not supposed to exercise. "Well whatever that was... Good job," he said as we finally stopped. He turned to me and gave me a soft smile. I threw my arms around him, my lips pressed against his cheek. "I'm just glad you're okay," I smile giddily. He chuckled and pulled me into a hug.

As much as I wanted to be in his arms, we soon parted. How can we not, there was someone slow clapping. We both turn to the direction of the sound. "Wow... What a show you two are," my eyes widen "especially you my dear."

For there in front of our eyes stood a handsome man.

"Well hello there," he grinned. My heart stopped, I turn to Felix who only glared.

We must hide, but why can't we move?

I also wanted to say that I have thought of game! I need new characters, so I thought why not have a couple of my readers be in my story? Here's how it'll go
Leave in the comments:
1-Name
2- age
3- description (doesn't have to look like you!)
4- what you are (ex. Mermaid, fairy, human, etcetera)
Have fun! I will choose some of them. Please note that I might use the ones not yet chosen for later in the book. I have already written chapter 10 so expect them to be in chapter 11. Again have a magical day!