Chapter 8 Lies

Hello it's my birthday and i thought why not celebrate with a new chapter please enjoy! i apologize for any mistakes!

I watched as Felix's legs were shaking, surly he was astonished as well as I by this sudden transformation. I mean how could I have grown wings, I am quite positive this is most definitely not normal. "W-what are you?" He seemed shocked, he was backing away just a little with every word. "Help me! I don't know whats happening to me!" I screamed. He only shook his head slowly as he backed away, whilst whispering something under his breath. This new part of me could hear him say, "If he finds out he'll kill her." I began to glare at him confused and frustrated. "Who are you talking about?"

"Why me of course," someone said behind me. I slowly turned around to find Peter smirking at me. "Peter what do you mean by kill me?" I squeaked. Kill me? But why? He let out a chuckle "You're exactly who I knew you'd be." He stepped forward whilst his hand caressing my check. "You are the magic that will keep this island...this world alive! Alice don't you see you are the guardian of Neverland." He explained with the most scariest grin I have ever seen. "You are the only one who can help me keep Neverland alive."

I stop him,"what do you mean keep Neverland alive?" He sighed, "Alas Neverland's Magic has been dying. After the fairies abandoned Neverland it's magic has been slowly deteriorating. But you alive you can save Neverland." My eyes widen, Neverland is in danger? "But my grandmother... She helped the fairies shape the island," I back away. None of this making sense. Why would the fairies leave? "Listen to me...," he stopped as we hear chants and cheers from the north of the island. He turns to me "you must hide."

"What? Why,"before I could finish my sentence, I was pushed towards Felix. "Keep her safe behind the Dreamshade inside the the secret chamber. I turn to Felix watching as he nods. Grabbing my arm pulling me away from Peter. "Peter! What's going on?" I let out a whimper. "We will talk more tomorrow," he said. His back turned towards me as he walked to the location of the sound. I felt my body give up, causing me to fall onto the floor. I turn to the flower, a large crack formed. Just as it all happened it all went away. With another cool feeling my body was back to normal. Felix looked at me dumbfounded, I gave him a stern nod. "We should get going." He simply nods, as he once again lead me to our next location.

I hadn't realized I had fallen asleep until I woke. I sit up in the bed, taking in the surroundings. There was a simple bed, it seemed to be a cave. Uniquely inside the cave there was a waterfall. I watched as the crystalline water falls down into a pool, almost like a small pond. I walked up to the waterfall, looking down to my reflection. My hair was still in place, falling down past my shoulders. My blue eyes watched the water ripple. My eyes focusing to something glowing. my eyes widen when I realize that it was where the necklace was. I pull it out, and indeed the stones glowed a beautiful Rudy red. I watch at a small light reflect off of it hitting the water. The waterfall turning red for a minute before going back to normality. My body stiffened the whole time. I watch as a circle forms in the middle of the water fall, although not a hole. It was almost like a frame. Like for a painting. a booming female voice was heard, "finally I was able to reach you." I gasp, my eyes tearing up. For there inside the circle was the face of my grandmother. "Nona!" I grin happily.

"Now I hope you realize that my granddaughter must be protected,"she said sternly. She must have been talking to someone else. I felt uncomfortable, it was like I was reading someone else's letter. "She no matter what must be protected. Especially from him," she said. She let out a cough a very weak cough. I heard another voice respond, "I promise that I will do everything in my power to lead her in the right path."

I was about to touch the water, I had the urge to touch the water. I felt like if I could just touch the water, I could possibly touch her beautiful face once more. Although I knew that was not possible because I knew when this was pictured, it was the day my grandmother died. The circle and everything inside disappeared. My eyes felt like they were beginning to water. "Nona who was going to protect me?" I asked, waiting even if I knew she wouldn't respond. I felt a hot tear trail down my cheek. I shook my head wiping the year away.

"No! No more crying! I'm done with all my the crying," I growl at myself " I'm going to fight! No more baby Alice." I turn around and notice a desk I hadn't noticed. It was next to the bed, there on the top sat blank papers and a pen and a bottle of ink. Under the desk was a few books.

"Alice I'm here to give you this," I heard someone say. I turn to find Felix, he gave me a weak smile. He handed me a bag, I opened it to find berries. "Thank you," I smile back. I sit on the bed, the cave quickly became quite once again. "How did you get in? I didn't see an entrance," I whisper as I eat. "Peter is the only one who can open the entrance," he says sitting next to me on the bed. I turn to him, "Felix... I-"

I was cut off by Felix's lips pressed against mine. He pulled me closer, grabbing my face with his hands. Like he was afraid that I would disappear without a trace. He slowly parted, my lips feeling cold without his. "Alice I need to set you free,"he whispers "he wants to use you. I can't let you get hurt." My heart shattered, I knew who he was talking about. Peter Pan. He never loved me, but I shouldn't care we just met. But why does my heart still ache? I grin,"really? Will you run away with me?" He smiles softly," do you want me to run away with you?" I nod, I needed someone who knew how to survive. He smirks before holding my hand. "I guess it's time to run away."

I smirk, this indeed couldn't be any better. We both stand up at once."It's amazing how you decided to pick me over Peter." I turn to him, he was currently gathering some things around the cave. "I know... After all I'm his wingman or whatever," he signed. I turn to him and smile shyly, "you don't have to do this." He stopped and whipped his head to my direction, a stern look on his face. "No! He would've killed you to get that," he pointed to my necklace. My necklace? I gave him a confused look, I was not understanding. "Your necklace is called 'The Heart of Neverland' it was given to your grandmother by the fairies. It holds the magic that can save or ruin this land. Peter had been looking for it for centuries, thought to be some rumor spread by the fairies. Now that he knows you have it he won't stop till he gets it," by the time he ended I was standing there mouth open. All this time I thought Peter felt something for me... It was all a lie.

And I hate liars.