36 - temptation

CW: mature content and smut

-

By the next day, Athena had found some time to inform Harry, Hermione and Ron of the information concerning her father. It took a while to explain everything in partially as much detail as she had received. Describing that their reactions were ones of shock would be an understatement.

It was all quite hard for the three of them to wrap their heads around, which was understandable considering Athena still struggled to comprehend it herself. But despite the shock, they thought it to be intriguing. Hermione even offered to help her research and investigate her family members, to see her relations.

Though considering the type of people the majority of her father's family had been, Athena was not actually so sure if she wanted to know anything about them.

She had received a letter from her mother regarding the situation, earlier in the morning.

Dear Athena,

the Headmaster has informed me of your newfound knowledge. I am assuming he explained everything in detail so you are aware of why I never told you. I cannot not write much incase this letter is intercepted but we shall speak of this in greater depth in person. The Headmaster has arranged for me to visit Hogwarts via the Floo Network into his office. Arrive at dusk.

Lots of love,

Mum

Dusk was soon to approach when Athena was in her dormitory with Cedric. The two had arranged to go to Hogsmeade together that evening but due to her mother's abrupt arrival, they were having to go later on. Cedric told her he would wait in her room until she came back.

She had not informed Cedric of her father yet as she simply did not want to delve into the whole situation with another. It was rather exhausting, explaining the entirety of it so she would leave it until another time when she could be bothered. Therefore, to excuse her delay for the evening she told him she had a detention. This seemed like the easiest thing to say.

At her departure, she gave him a kiss on the cheek and left him to lie restfully on her bed. She made her way to Dumbledore's office and when she arrived, said the password to which the entrance opened as expected.

She knocked on the door and her mother was the one to open it. It appeared Dumbledore was not present, most likely being in the Great Hall as it was dinner.

Greta hugged her daughter as soon as she saw her and began with a bit of light conversation before speaking of the sole reason she had come.

"It must have come as such a surprise to you. I had anticipated the day you would find out ever since you joined Hogwarts," she smiled with a lingering sadness in her eyes.

"Yes it was. But I understand why you couldn't tell me. I only wish things didn't have to be this way," Athena sighed.

"I know, my dear. But I can't imagine what I would do if what happened to your father happened to you too. I could not risk anything. Before you were born, Atticus and I had agree to raise you with a completely magic free childhood. This is why you were confined to a muggle life, even before he...well you understand don't you?"

"I do," she smiled at her mother with sympathy.

"I love you so much Athena. You truly are our greatest accomplishment," she gushed with glossy eyes. "That is what your father used to always say. If only he could see you now. The beautiful young woman you have become."

By the end of her words she had tears flowing from her eyes. Athena leant towards her and pulled her into a loving embrace. Greta released a light chuckle through her tears as she held her daughter.