[19] 𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

I never craved attention until I tasted yours

KADE

Loud knocking on my door stirred me awake. With an annoyed groan, I made my way to strangle the bitch who dare wake me up. In all honesty, it was only 7 pm but I was exhausted when I got back from work so I fell straight to sleep.

I tripped over Luther's large body, delaying the process of me getting the door which increased the rapid knocks.

"What the fuck do you want?" I growled, pulling the wooden door open. I was met with amused grey eyes that belonged to my neighbour, Bates Stoll. See, he wasn't actually my neighbour. It was known to very little (only his closest men) that he used the apartment opposite me for 'quiet time'.

Bates Stoll was the Italian Mafia king. A 6'6, 25-year-old devil. He came to the apartment about once a week, mainly on Wednesday nights, and stayed until Friday. He wasn't a fucked up kinda guy who was rude to everyone and went on killing sprees, well he did show psychopath tendencies but don't we all? Bates never took girls back to his houses or this apartment, as he claimed that his bed was only for his 'queen'. Fair enough.

If you're wondering what his 'quiet time' is then you're going to have to keep wondering. No one really knows why he has to have a break from the mafia life, but I'm guessing it has something to do with his past. He was a cool guy yet always has his barriers up, just like me. I hate to admit it, but Bates always says I'm like his little brother, therefore, I'm under his protection (not that I need it). So that's why I can speak to him however I like. Even if we weren't close, I'd speak to him however the fuck I want. He honestly doesn't intimidate me at all.

"Why the fuck were you asleep at this time?" He asked, walking into my house and straight to the fridge as if he owns the place.

"I do." Bates snickered. Did I say that out loud?

"Yep." Smartass. The bastard was eating my pasta.

"That's my fucking pasta!" I growled, plopping down on the barstool.

"Mhm." Fuck, I really wanted that. "Anyway, I came to ask you for a favour."

His favours are... intriguing. Once he asked for me to go simply pick up pizza because he couldn't leave the apartment, but then another time it was to beat up a man who stole from him, because yet again, he couldn't be seen.

"And what's it this time?"

"I need you to go to my club and how do I put this?" I was getting impatient with his stalling. "Ineedyoutofuckachick"