[25] 𝐎𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐦𝐞𝐝

Everything is connected, even opposites

ARABELLA
Warning
•Mature content•

I hadn't realised I'd fell to sleep until a loud bark and shuffling around awoke me. I slowly peeled my eyes open and was hit with darkness, I concluded it must be around 6 or 7 pm due to the gloomy sky outside. I was also in Kade's bedroom, I remember from the last time I came, but I swear I was playing with Luther in the living room.

A muffled sound from the doorway made me look over and see a guilty looking Kade and an overly energetic Luther running in circles around him. Kade threw his arms up in exasperation making me giggle, causing his eyes to snap over to me.

"Shit, sorry baby. I was trying to be quiet but I guess that didn't work," he admitted, scratching the back of his neck and glaring at a somehow smug-looking Doberman who now stood in front of him with a wagging tail.

"It's okay," I moved to sit straight but was immediately hit with a pain in the lower regions of my back. "Hey, are you okay?" Kade came running towards me with Luther in tow.

"Yeah," I groaned, resting my forehead onto his. "I just had a quick pain in my back."

A look of worry then understanding crossed Kade's face, "earlier I found you asleep on the floor with Luther on top of you so I carried you into my room and this little monster" he said, scratching Luther's ears, "had to follow but I just heard him barking and I tried to be quick and shut him up but I was too slow. Also, your clothes are folded on the dresser"

"What?" And that's when I noticed I was wearing an oversized black Nike top that reached mid-thigh. My legs were on show and I was only wearing one sock. "Where's my other sock?"

"Huh?" Kade looked just as confused as me. "What do you mean?" And that's when a loud yell caught my attention. Luther suddenly jumped on the bed, startling both me and Kade, with a white fabric hanging out his mouth.

"Hey! That's my sock!" And with that said, Kade began wrestling with the playful dog to get my sock. A good game of tug and war was going on until Kade suddenly jumped up.

"I totally forgot the reason I came in here was to wake you up and show you your surprise."

"I'm so excited!" I got out the sheets and threw myself onto Kade's back, eliciting an 'oof' from him.

Kade led me into the lounge and my jaw dropped at the sight. I hadn't noticed I didn't say anything until Kade dropped me onto the floor. "Do- do you like it? If you don't then-"