Chapter 26

Kate's POV

When we arrived at home, we stayed in the car for a moment. I looked at Leo and he looked back at me. We kept gazing into each other's eyes until Leo got off the car. He walked around the car and then opened the door on my side to help me getting off. Then Leo paid the driver. I took his hand and we walked towards the door together.

As soon as we were inside, Leo started kissing me passionately. I managed to take my coat off and dropped it on the floor. Leo unzipped my dress. He wanted me as much as I wanted him. I broke our kiss and instantly craved his lips on mine. "We should go upstairs.", I said, looking into his eyes. They were burning with desire. Leo nodded and took my hand. When we had reached the bedroom door, Leo scooped me up and carried me inside. He lay me down on the bed and undressed himself. One by one, Leo took my shoes off and dropped them on the floor. I pulled my dress over my head. I was half naked now, only dressed in my undies. Leo started kissing my leg and went further upwards, pecking kisses everywhere he could reach. I felt his breath hot against my skin. He lay down next to me and pulled me close, kissing me passionately. Before I knew it, he had unclasped my bra. I threw it on the floor and took my panties off. In the very next second, Leo had me on my back.

He fell on his back besides me, breathing heavily. I turned on my side to look at him. Leo instantly pulled me closer. "I love you so much, Katie.", he gasped. "I love you, too.", I whispered. I bent over him and kissed him gently. Then I lay my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat and his breathing, slowly returning back to normal. "Kate?", he asked, caressing my naked back. "Yes?" I looked up. Leo took my hand and took a deep breath. "I always wanted to tell you what I really feel for you, but I never had the courage to.", he started. "Why?", I asked, intertwining my fingers with his. "Because I thought you would laugh at me... or hate me." I shook my head. "I could never hate you. You know that.", I said. Leo nodded. "I was afraid of losing you. I didn't know what would happen to our friendship. Our friendship, Katie, our friendship has always meant the world to me. I thought I'd ruin everything by telling you about my love for you, that to me you have always been more than just my best friend." He already had me crying and the most emotional part of his little speech was yet to come. "You always thought you were like 'one of the guys' to me. But that's not true. You got this wrong. You've never been one of the guys to me. To me you've always been my girl, my Katie. And I was so addicted to the idea of you and me being together in the end." He kissed my tears away, making me feel better. "The point is, Katie, that I'm madly in love with you. I fell in love with you the first time we met. The moment I first saw you left a mark on me. I knew you were the one. It was love at first sight. Maybe not to you. But to me it was. I've been in love with you since the day we met. I still am. And I fall even more in love with you every day. I loved you all along." I was incredibly touched by his words. And again, Leo kissed my tears away. "I- I don't know what to say.", was all that came out of my mouth. "Then don't say anything.", Leo replied, moving his hand up to my neck. He pulled my face closer to his and kissed me once again. His strong, warm arms wrapped around my back made me feel safe. This was where I belonged. "I love you so much.", I murmured against his lips. Leo pulled away. "I love you, too. More than anything.", he replied. I lay my head on his chest again. I listened to his heartbeat until I fell asleep.