Chapter 29

Kate's POV

Leo was still asleep when I woke up the next morning. I moved closer to him and watched him sleep for a while. I touched his bare shoulder and marvelled his ring on my finger. I smiled to myself as I remembered the day he gave it to me.

Sam and I had gotten in many fights after I found out he had been cheating on me.
I took my wedding ring off before I went to see Leo. I knew I would find refuge in his arms whenever I needed him. And after that last fight Sam and I had had, I really needed him.
I knocked on the door to his hotel room lightly. "Leo? Are you there?", I said, wiping my tears away. I knocked again, this time louder. After a few seconds, the door opened. Leo's face seemed to light up when he saw me. He took me in his arms and held me tightly, he knew what had happened. "Another fight?", he asked quietly. I nodded. "Come on in, sweetie", Leo said before he kissed my forehead.

We sat down on the couch. "I caught them.", I said sobbing. "No", Leo said in disbelief. "Yes", I cried, "They did it in our bed." Leo looked at me in shock and pulled me close to him again. I buried my head in his chest and cried. "He's unworthy of you. He will never find someone as wonderful as you, Katie." We sat there like that for God knows how long, neither of us saying a word. But then Leo took my face in his hands, "I have something to give you, sweetie. I've had it for a while now. It just wasn't the right time to give it to you." I wiped my tears away and smiled. "You really don't have to buy me presents, Leo." He shook his head, "Yes I do!" He gave me a small box. "Why do you always buy me jewellery?", I asked, still smiling. "Just open it." He looked into my eyes. "What's in it?" "Open it!" We both laughed. I untied the white bow that held the box closed and took the lid off to look at what was inside the box. It was a plain gold ring. "It's beautiful, Leo!" I was tearing up, Leo gave me the feeling of being loved even when no one else loved me. I looked up at him. He was smiling. "Read the inscription!", he said with excitement in his voice. I took the ring out of the box and turned it to read what it said inside. 'I Knew The Moment I Met You' Now those tears, that had before formed in my eyes, started to fall and I was crying uncontrollably. But this time they were tears of joy rather than tears of sadness. Leo hugged me tightly. "Thank you so much, darling.", I whispered sobbing. Leo held me like that for a long time before he finally said something. "I love you, Katie.", he said quietly, as if he was afraid of my reaction. I pulled away and looked at him. I admit, I was a bit shocked and I didn't know what to say, I hadn't expected him to confess his love for me so we just stared at each other without saying anything. All those years I had tried to live with the thought that he didn't love me back, that I wasn't good enough, that we would never be more than just friends. And now he had finally assured me that there would be a chance for us. I took his face in my hands. "I love you too, Leo.", I said, it was almost a whisper. His face moved closer to mine slowly, like in slow motion and then our lips were fused together. He kissed me tenderly, it felt different than it would when we had to kiss in front of the camera. It sent shivers down my spine. Leo pulled away, I smiled at him. He took the ring I was still holding in my hand and took my right hand. "No", I said holding my left hand out for him to take. "Are you sure?", Leo asked, looking at where I once wore my wedding ring. "Yes.", I replied, "I'm done with Sam and I want him to know that." Leo smiled and put the ring on my left ring finger. I started kissing him again, this time more passionately. And I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him down on the couch, on top of me. He stopped kissing me and looked at me, "Are you sure you want to do this, Katie?" I nodded my head. "Yes. I really want this. I want this more than anything." We looked at each other and I knew he wanted it as much as I did.

I hovered over Leo. "Wake up baby!", I whispered. I kissed his ear lightly. Leo rubbed his eyes. "What time is it?", he murmured sleepily. "I wish you a good morning too, darling!", I said and looked at my phone. I had an unread text. 'I'm on my way', was what it said. "Oh shit! Ned! I forgot." Leo pulled me down on top of him and kissed me. "Leo, I have to get changed.", I said as I pulled away. "No, I want Ned to see you wearing that. I want him to see what he's missing out on." I sighed, "Fine. But we still have to get up now."