Chapter 14

Leo's POV

I went for a walk. I was kinda hoping not to get lost in the woods. I heard the same sentence over and over again in my mind, her beautiful voice, saying 'Please don't do anything stupid.' What did she mean? What did she think I would do when I'm mad at her? I'd never really been mad at Kate before. That was something new for both of us. And I knew we both couldn't handle this.

Kate's POV

I curled up in my bed, crying harder than I had ever cried in my entire life. The only person I could talk to, the only person who could comfort me was the person who was mad at me for some stupid mistake we both made. Together. I just wanted him to be with me, wanted to curl up on his chest, wanted him to kiss the top of my head, wanted him to be close to me, wanted him to make me feel alright, to talk to me. 'Oh God, what if he did something stupid? What if he didn't come back? Should I look for him? What if he got lost?' So many questions were spinning around in my head, too many to handle. 'He will come back. He would never let me down, he said it himself so many times. He promised me to never let me down, no matter what.', I tried to comfort myself and decided to wait until he came back.

Leo's POV

I walked down a slim path until the sun was setting. Then I decided to go back. I had no idea for how long I've been walking deeper and deeper into the woods. As I walked back, I realized that I had to apologize to Kate as soon as I got back. I never wanted to be mad at her. She was so innocent, so vulnerable. If she just hadn't been afraid of what might happen to our friendship... I knew she wanted to be with me as much as I wanted to be with her, she was just so insecure. I had to change that. I had to make her feel safe with me. She had to know that we were meant to be. But she had to find out herself, because if I told her, she would just keep pushing me away.

It was already dark outside when I arrived back at Kate's house. I had to fix her heart now. I was the only one who could do that. The door wasn't locked. I stepped inside and looked around, searching for Kate. She was nowhere to be found. "Kate, hun?", I said not too loud. No response. 'Maybe she's asleep.', I thought. I went upstairs quietly and went straight to the bedroom. And there she was, sleeping in heavenly peace like nothing had happened. The only thing betraying her sadness were the tears that were slowly disappearing from her face. She wasn't wearing her pyjamas, but her normal clothes she had worn a few hours before. And her body wasn't covered wih her blanket. She had probably cried herself to sleep again. But this time with no one to hold on to. 'I definitley have to fix that little heart.', I thought. I went downstairs to write her a little note, in case she woke up first. Then I went back upstairs again. I pulled the blanket up to Kate's shoulders and pecked a kiss on her forehead. A small smile appeared on Kate's face. Maybe she was awake, maybe she was dreaming. Then I placed the note on her blanket and lay down next to her. I was staring at her beautiful face until I fell asleep myself.

Kate's POV

I woke up pretty early the next morning to find Leo next to me. 'Thank God, he came back.', I thought. Then I found a small note on my blanket. I unfolded it.

Dear Katie,

'my God, he hasn't called me Katie for so long.'

in case you wake up first, please read this.

I'm so sorry for everything that happened yesterday, I hate myself for it, but we can talk about that later. You probably cried yourself to sleep last night, so I covered you with your blanket. I'll make breakfast later, you don't have to do anything. I really hope you forgive me.

I love you.

His handwriting was still the same, scrawly handwriting it had been years ago. I folded the piece of paper up again and placed it on my bedside table. Then I turned around to look at Leo who was still asleep. He was so incredibly handsome. Hardly surprising, that every woman on this planet had a crush on him. I was just sitting on the bed next to him, completely lost in his beauty.

I must have been sitting there for hours, when he opened his eyes, smiling at me sweetly. He sat up, took my hands. "Katie, hun," That made me grin. "I'm so sorry for everything. I overreacted. I shouldn't have ignored you. I was a dickhead. Please, can you forgive me?" He was literally begging me to forgive him. "Already forgiven.", I said. Leo sighed in relief, pulling me into a hug, "Oh, thank God. I love you." "I love you too.", I whispered, smelling his lovely scent. Leo's scent always reminded me of a windy day on the beach, maybe because he lived by the sea. "So, you wanted to make breakfast, right?", I said after Leo ended our long hug. I actually wanted this moment to last forever. "You read the note?", he asked. I nodded. "Well, yeah. I'll make breakfast. And as the note says: you don't have to do anything. I want you to feel like a princess today...", as he said that, I blushed. "... as far as that's possible, at least.", he added, looking at my messy hair, screwing his nose. He pretended to be disgusted. I laughed and scuffed his shoulder. We sat on the bed, laughing together. I finally had my Leo back.