Chapter 11

Leo's POV

That night, Bear asked me to tell him a bedtime story. I was sitting next to Kate on Bear's bed. "Goodnight, darling", Kate said and kissed Bears forehead. "Goodnight, mummy. Goodnight, uncle Leo.", Bear said. He was half asleep already. Kate closed the door carefully and looked at me. She sighed in relief. When we were downstairs again, she said: "I think you'd be a great dad." She smiled at me. "Really?", I was confused. "Yeah. You've got the knack of it!" She looked into my eyes and smiled. There it was again: the awkward moment of silence. These moments happened to us pretty often. We were standing in front of the staircase. Suddenly, I felt the urge to kiss her. I didn't do it because I was afraid of her reaction. "Shall we watch a movie?", Kate asked, breaking the silence, "What do you wanna do?" Now she was faking an American accent. Pretty good, though. "I have absolutely no idea.", I replied, trying my best to sound posh. I guess it wasn't very good because Kate laughed at me. "Oh, come on. You can do that better!" "No I really can't. I've never been good with accents, you know that.", I said, making her laugh. "Oh, yeah I do. But you still haven't told me what you want to do." "Still no idea...", was all I said. "Well, it's a clear night, and... this might sound very corny, but we could go outside and watch the stars." I liked her idea. But it was indeed very corny. "Sounds nice."

Kate's POV

We were sitting on the garden swing. Leo held me tightly as we watched the beautiful stars. "So fucking corny.", I laughed. "But yet insanely beautiful.", Leo said, "Just like you." Luckily it was dark outside and he couldn't see me blushing. But I saw him looking right into my eyes, though. I thought he was going to kiss me if I didn't do anything, so I looked to the sky again, smiling and I leaned my head on his shoulder. We then saw a shooting star. I knew what he wished for.