XII

Mᴜᴅɪᴛᴀ () -ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴅᴇʟɪɢʜᴛ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀᴘᴘɪɴᴇss ᴏғ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀs

Trigger warnings:
-eating disorder/throwing up

Vote!

-Ava POV-

I woke up at around 10:00 to the smell of bacon.

My eyes widened and I slowly walked to the kitchen to see Clay's back to me, cooking bacon on my stove softly singing a song.

"sometimes all i think about is you... late nights in the middle of Juneeee heat waves been faking me ouuuut, can't make you happier nowwwwww"

I smiled as I sat down by my kitchen island.

"I just wonder what you're dreaming of... when you sleep and smile so comfortablee i just wish that I could give you that, that look that's perfectly unsaaaaad"

"Having fun?" I grinned.

"HOLY SHIT" he spun around, his opposite hand on his chest. "Don't do that, fucking hell.... I swear to god you're gonna pay for that."

"Oh yeah?" I said with a smirk.

"Shut up." he murmured.

I laughed and leaned forward on the counter, putting my chin in my hands.

Clay was turned back around, silently flipping the bacon.

I couldn't seem to take my eyes off him.

His unkempt hair that glowed perfectly in the light, the way he had to bend down slightly to be able to reach the pan comfortably, his body slightly swaying to the music in his head...

After a while, he started opening random cabinets.

"Uhhhh whatcha' lookin' for?" I asked.

"A plate, where do you keep them?"

"Oh they're here." I got up and opened the cabinet closest to my fridge.

I opened it and turned to Clay, just to see him smiling uncontrollably.

"What the fuck is wrong with you??"

He erupted into desperate wheezes, the ones I've only heard on calls.

"YOU- YOU HA-HAVE THE PLATES IN THE LO-LOWEST CUPBOARD I'VE EVER SEEN!"

"It's not that low, what the hell are you on??" I laughed.

"NO YO-YOU'RE SO SHORT SO Y-YOU HAVE TO PUT IT IN A DWARF CUPBOARD"

"I'm not that short, you're just, like, 7 feet," I said, rolling my eyes.

"OKAY OKAY!" He managed to say before resuming his laughing fit

"... you done?"

"yeah," he giggled.

I smiled.

He got a plate, put some bacon on it, got a fork, and gave it to me.

"oh."

"Here, I made it for you!" he said with a proud grin.

"Oh, thanks," I said, forcing a smile.

Don't eat it you'll be fat

I was surprised that I thought this. I'd only been as self conscious about my weight as most girls are in the past.

I didn't do much to try to get the thought out of my head, though.