XV

E'ʀᴏs (ɴ) -ᴘᴀssɪᴏɴᴀᴛᴇ ᴏʀ ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴛɪᴄ ʟᴏᴠᴇ. Dᴇsɪʀᴇ.

Triggers:
None

Clay was never really the flowers, hearts and candles type.

The most romantic thing he'd ever done was give a girl a monster can tab.
And when Ava started sobbing in the middle of the living room floor and he decided to walk over to her, he had no clue what the fuck to do.

So, he did what his mom always did.
He held her and sang.

And to add on to the awkward position he was already in, SHE CONFESSED HER LOVE.

Don't get him wrong, he'd had a crush on Ava for a long time before this, but god, he wasn't prepared.

After she had gone into her room, it hit him all at once.

"Shit."

"Shit," He said again.

He sat down on the couch and shuddered at the realization that he left Patches home alone with no food.
He jumped off the couch and pulled his shoes on.

"IM GOING TO MY HOUSE TO GIVE PATCHES FOOD, I'LL CALL YOU," he yelled at Ava.
"OKAY," she responded.

When he got in his house, Patches was sitting on her tower, looking at him in disappointment.
Clay sighed. "Sorry baby, I know. I'll give you food right now."

As much as he knew that most of Patches reaction was just her being dramatic, he gave her food rather quickly.

She jumped on the floor and walked to her plate, not even looking up at Clay or giving him any sort of recognition.

"You fucker," he murmured.
He sat on his bed and texted Ava.

Sry for leaving so abruptly lol

My cat is a princess and would pee
on my carpet if I didn't come give her
food immediately

Dw about it lmao i get it :))

He put his phone down and plugged it in.

Well what the fuck am I supposed to do now?

He pulled out his phone again, and opened Ava's texts again.

Hey, wanna maybe go out tmrw?

Sure, where?

Idk, just around the city- walk in
the park, maybe go out to dinner?

Sounds great, I'll come to ur place at 4:00? I'll just skip class, there's nothing important tmrw

alr see you then :))

Clay leaned forward and held back a scream.

He'd had girlfriends before, but this was... different. The way he felt when he saw her was something else. Even the smallest things made him blush. Once in one of Karl's jackbox streams, Ava called him hot in Mad Verse City, as a joke, and he had to leave the stream for like half an hour to compose himself.

Sometimes he made up excuses to take pictures of her just to see her smile.
God, her smile was so goddamn pretty.

And on the professional side of things, she was amazing at her job. She was like a less screamy and less bitchy version of Tommy when streaming. She was hilarious, the fans absolutely loved her. And she taught Clay everything he now knows about coding (although he made her promise to never tell anyone that bit- his ego was too big to admit to that many people that he needed help coding).

Clay was so in love with this stupid girl. He smiled at the thought, walked to his room and fell asleep almost immediately.

———————————————————————————————

When he woke up in the morning -afternoon, technically, but that's besides the point- all he did was eat breakfast, and get ready for their... date? Was this a date? Fuck if he knew.

After sifting through his extremely limited wardrobe, he surprisingly managed to put together a not-totally-horrendous outfit.

He had pulled out some clean black sweats, Jordans, and a Wilbur Soot crewneck. He also put in earrings for the first time in years. He was surprised they weren't closed up, to be honest.

It was only 3:30 when he was done getting ready, so he sat on his couch and scrolled through his fyp while waiting.

He soon heard a knock, and took a deep breath before opening the door.

His breath hitched when he saw her.
"Wow."

Ava looked stunning. She was wearing a skirt that rode at the top of her thighs, and a green dream sweatshirt hung barely over it. White socks were partly hidden by dark purple high top converse. Her ears were decked out in piercings- Clay didn't even know she had that many, she always just wore studs. She had a necklace with a flower charm at the bottom, and a couple rings.

"Like what you see?" she smirked.

"Yeah," he replied, still staring at her, earning a smile.

"Wait Clay, holy shit your ears are pierced??"
"Haha yeah... I haven't worn earrings in forever cuz i used to get made fun of because of them, but i remembered about them this morning," he replied.

"I would've told you i liked you so much earlier if i knew about this," she joked, "you just got like 10 times more attractive."

Clay looked down awkwardly at a sad attempt to hide his smile.

"Hey, we're crewneck buddies!" Ava mentioned.
"Yeah, you've got my merch on," Clay grinned.

"Just dressing for the occasion."

"Wait, I'll be right back, okay? Just wait here for a minute," Clay told Ava before going into his room.

He soon came back out with a different crewneck. Ava's merch.

"Wowww, all this for me?" she exclaimed over-dramatically, putting a hand on her chest, "I'm flattered."

"You should be, I went broke for this sweatshirt."
"I gave you that for free, idiot," she said with a smile, hitting him in the side, "K, let's go we don't have all night!"

Ava pulled Clay out his door, and grasped his hand. He squeezed her hand back as they stepped out of his house.

Word count: 1024

i'm honestly very very sorry for keeping all of you waiting for chapters, i know I've been super slow at updating, its totally on me. I'm def going to be more frequent with posting now though, i have lots of plans for this book :)

Thanks for sticking around <3