Father Meets Son

Stood in the doorway was a man that basically mirrored James. He had untidy, black hair along with the same round glasses that James wore. If James hadn't changed his appearance, one would have been forgiven if they thought there were two identical figures in the room. The only distinction was the curious lightning-shaped scar on the boy's head.

"Er... Who are you?" the boy asked nervously, clenching his left hand.

"I'm J-Daniel Barone," James said quickly. "Who are you?"

Although it seemed James was trying to be friendly, it was pretty obvious he knew who he was the moment he stepped foot in the dormitory. "I'm Harry. Harry Potter."

"Nice to meet you Harry," Sirius smiled, standing up to shake his hand. "I'm Reuben. Reuben Holmes."

Remus stood up as well and smiled weakly at Harry, who was confused for a second as he seemed to study Sirius.

"My name is Thomas. Thomas Magree. You can call me Tom," Remus shook his hand but it was obvious that he was a bit unsure of it.

"You sound familiar," Harry's eyebrows narrowed. "Like... Nevermind."

Remus turned to Sirius who looked back at him with equal confusion and curiousity. James remained seated on his bed, although the others could tell he was still in shock at the fact that his own son was standing right before him. Peter was still fast asleep on his bed.

"Don't mind him," Remus pointed out Peter, snoring away. "He's had a long journey. His name is Samuel Rose and he is a heavy sleeper so I wouldn't worry too much about disturbing him."

Harry nodded in understanding, "He should be good friends with Ron then."

Harry moved in to go towards his 4-poster bed, coincidentally right next to James, who was still in shock. James seemed to be watching him closely, like as if trying to see if his movement and speech mimicked his. At least, that was what it looked like he was doing. Harry didn't seem to notice, and lay in his bed, holding onto his left hand.

"What's up with your hand?" Sirius asked, noticing this.

"Nothing," Harry lied.

Another figure entered the room then, a tall, red-headed boy who looked very similar to the twins in the common room from before. He looked at the 4 new students and gave a worrying frown.

"Are you guys new?" he asked, eyeing Peter.

"Yes we are," Remus said. "I'm Tom, that's Daniel, that's Reuben and sleeping is Pete-Sam."

"Who?" Ron asked again, nodding at Peter.

"Sam. Samuel Rose," Remus winced at his mistake.

"What's your name?" Sirius asked him before Ron had noticed.

"Ron. Ron Weasley. That's Harry," he pointed at him. "But I assume you guys already know that."

"No we didn't," Sirius said. "We are new, like Reuben said."

Ron seemed confused, "But-Oh okay."

Ron looked like he wanted to question how come we didn't know Harry prior to our meeting but one look at him and he fell silent. He moved quietly to his bed and sat down, not saying anything for a while. It was only when he wanted to kill the awkward silence did he speak up again.

"Where are you guys from?" he asked, turning to James.

"We were homeschooled," James said, looking away from Harry, who was staring at the ceiling.

Sirius added, "Our parents went away so we were brought here."

"So are you guys like, a big family?"

"Not really..." Remus and Sirius looked at each other, unsure of how to answer.