Broken Glass and Black Smoke

Harry POV

I turned around at the strange voice, with the others doing the same. I could make out a hooded figure with a mask standing a good 20 feet away from them. The figure removed his mask to reveal himself.

Lucius Malfoy

"Where's Sirius?" I asked, moving in front of the group to face him directly.

"I think you should understand, by now, the difference between dreams and...reality."

Despite my hand trembling profusely, I refused to give up and show that I was at a defeat. It was my fault my friends were there and i needed to get them out.

"If you do anything to us I'll break it," I warned.

Suddenly, a very sadistic cackle arose from behind Malfoy. I kept his wand out pointing at them, with the prophecy in another hand. The others had done the same and were facing in different directions.

We were surrounded.

The laugh had come from a lady, who had appeared next to Malfoy, "He knows how to play. Itty...bitty...baby...Potter."

Her drawl turned into an evil smile. Clearly she was enjoying this a lot. Her eyes wandered past me to my friends. One look at Reuben and she froze.

"But-"

"Hello cousin," Reuben said in a bored tone. "Surprised to see me?"

Wait what? Cousin?

She sneered, "Why do you look 15?"

"Magic."

This time, Daniel started to laugh, "You clearly got old, Lestrange."

For some reason, this made Bellatrix laugh even more. And I could see Malfoy sneer next to her. I was so very confused as to how Reuben and Daniel knew them but I kept my wand fixed on Malfoy.

"Well this is perfect!" Bellatrix cried. "All of them here! Ready to die...I want to be the one to finish my dear cousin!"

Reuben laughed. I had heard that laugh before. It was so familiar. That's because he was related to Sirius. That's what I concluded wasn't it? But why did he call Bellatrix 'cousin'? Does that mean Reuben was Sirius' long lost brother or something? But why did Daniel laugh as well?

"Now now..." Lucius said slowly, trying to hold Bellatrix back. "Let's everybody just calm down. All we need...is that prophecy."

I could see the other Death Eaters closing in on us. Each aisle had about 2 or 3 Death Eaters and we only had a wand or two pointing down every aisle. We were outmatched and outnumbered.

"How's my little brother?" Reuben asked Bellatrix. "Still doing mum's bidding I suppose?"

Bellatrix laughed again, "Oh dear Regulus left our family a long time ago. The Dark Lord punished him!"

Reuben went pale for a bit. Daniel kept his wand poised on Bellatrix.

"Where is she?"

Malfoy sneered again, "So he knows? How romantic..."

"If you've done anything to her..."

Malfoy snapped his fingers and out of the shadows behind him, two more figures appeared. One of them was holding the other rather forcefully. The one holding the other was wearing a mask. And the one being withheld was-

"Lily!"

Wait...Lily?

I recognized the girl as Ruby, as she struggled to pry away from her captor. The captor had one arm around her neck while another pinning a wand to her temple. But why did Daniel shout Lily? Was this girl in fact, someone else? Or had she lied about her name? And does that mean the rest of the people had lied as well? Was Daniel not who he said he was?

"Get off me!" She struggled against her captor. "James!"

There was a warning shot which Lucius blocked. The Death Eaters all around had raised their wands and we're ready to pounce. Daniel, who had fired the jinx, was fuming. But why did Ruby, or Lily, call him James? James and Lily...that sounded awfully familiar...Was I imagining things? Could these people actually be...

"Potter..." Lucius Malfoy started. "You are surrounded with no backup and no way out. Hand over that prophecy. Now."

"Tell me why does Voldemort need it so much then?" I taunted.

The Death Eaters gasped. Bellatrix screamed.

"You dare say his name! You filthy half-blood!"

Malfoy tried to calm her down again, while giving Lily's captor another glance. She looked all the more determined to get out of his grip. And Daniel/James was breathing so heavily I could feel it down the back of my neck.

"Has Dumbledore never told you the reason behind your scar? After all these years?"

"My sc-"

"Has Dumbledore not told you," Malfoy continued. "Why the Dark Lord failed to kill you when you were just a baby boy? Or why he wanted to kill you in the first place?"

I pondered on this for a moment. Malfoy made a good point. Why on Earth was I targeted as a baby? What made Voldemort come after me and because of it, cause the death of my mother and father. My mother and father, whose names are shared with the two people standing in the same room as me. But could they be the same person?

"If you just give me the prophecy," Malfoy said, holding out his hand and edging closer. "All the answers, you will know."

I could see Lily/Ruby struggling. Like she wanted to stop Malfoy getting any closer to me. And James/Daniel's hand was shaking even more than mine.

"I've waited 14 years..."

I looked at the sphere, thinking. Malfoy was getting closer.

"I know..."

"I guess he can wait a little longer," Reuben suddenly said.

He raised his wand and yelled, "REDUCTO!"

The top left shelf nearest Bellatrix blasted apart, causing her, Lily and her captor to scatter. The other Death Eaters screamed, some fired sparks at us. I briefly saw Hermione and Tom block them before Reuben, Neville and Ginny all yelled 'REDUCTO!' at the shelves above the Death Eaters as well, causing more glasses to explode.

"RUN!"

We all scattered; I was followed by Ron and Reuben. The Death Eaters began chase; some had turned into black smoke and whirled above us, apparently flying. One had dropped right in front of us, causing me and the other two to stop. The smoke disappeared to reveal Malfoy, holding out his hand again to demand the prophecy.

"STUPEFY!"

He disappeared into the smoke again just as the red spark from Reuben's wand reached him. I looked to my left and saw Hermione and Ginny battling two separate Death Eaters. I followed what Reuben did and blew up the glass spheres just behind the Death Eaters. Hermione and Ginny ran in my direction. There were more screams.

"ARGHH!"

Ron had been jump scared by a Death Eater who fly above him. He fired a curse at him, causing him to fall. Now being 5 of us, we ran together, hoping we found the door soon enough.

"Over here!"

I saw James/Daniel motion for us to follow them. It looked like they had found the door. We sprinted towards them, with a few Death Eaters on our tail. Hermione and Ron, being at the back of the group, fired curses behind, hoping to slow them down. We caught up to the others.

"Through there!"

I noticed the door a few shelves away. We all sprinted collectively towards it, with some black smoke circling above us. The closer we got to the door, the more hopeful I was of us making it out there alive.

So close...

"ARGHHHHH!!"

And all of a sudden, we were falling.