chapter 4

the next day, 9 am
miles and sam both had online schooling until 2. kate and flora were doing their studies. mrs. grose was cleaning up the rooms.

-

after school miles and sam are walking in the maze outside. talking about random little things. things they like, things they don't, school, life in general.

"what are you afraid of?" sam asked softly with a bit of concern in her voice.

"you'll think i'm crazy" miles said while looking at his feet.

"promise i won't"

"there's this guy that used to live here with us. he was like a father to me. he wasn't the best person but i didn't realize that until he passed. he knows i hate him now and he haunts me because of it" he looks into her eyes.

sam saw the fear in his eyes and for a moment the lust was gone but then there it was again. sam studied his eyes for a moment. the dark brown shined in the sunlight. she could look into miles' eyes for hours. she would've look at them forever but then she realized miles had looked at her lips.

sam wasn't sure how she was feeling at this moment. does he want to kiss me? was it just an accident?? does he like me? no he couldn't possibly have feelings for a loser like me. she was thinking all these different thoughts until miles did it again.

he put his hand on her cheek, still looking deeply into her eyes. he was looking deeply in her eyes as well. thinking to himself should i kiss her? would she like it? would she hate it?? fuck it! at that moment he leaned in and kissed her soft lips.

sam was shocked but she liked it. she kissed him back and put her hand on the back of his neck. a good 8 seconds later they pulled away.

"wanna go to the koi pond?" sam asked while smiling

"sure" miles was smiling too.

sam admired his smile. this was a genuine smile not his usual half smile or smirk. he looked good. sam loved his smile like she loved many more things about him. but did she love him? no! no it was too early to love him. she just really liked him. yeah that's all! right?

sorry that these chapters are short