chapter 5

one week after the kiss
miles had been avoiding sam for a while now. they used to talk everyday but after that kiss, oh that passionate kiss, things changed. it's almost like he didn't like her after the kiss. did he still like her?

sam was out in the maze reading her book. she was deep in her book and had entirely blocked out the world at that moment. she had been interrupted by miles on top of her. they made out for a moment then sam started thinking. what is happening? he doesn't talk to me for a week then he just randomly starts making out with me!? sam pulls away to speak.

"miles is everything ok?" sam asked. her eyebrows scrunched in concern.

"what do you mean" miles looked very confused, wondering why she felt the need to ask that.

"it's just, we kissed and it was an amazing kiss but then you just disappear and ignore me for what a week?! i just want to know if your ok." sam looked extremely worried. she was worried. worried that miles would never talk to her again.

miles looked at sam's eyes.  "i-i just needed time. time to think about my feelings. i've never felt like this about anyone before. when we first met i thought 'wow she is just perfect, but she would never think the same for me.' the way your beautiful green eyes sparkle in the sunlight. the way your hair looks so smooth all the time, even when you first wake up! and your lips, your smooth soft lips. i have deep feelings for you sam and i'm not sure what to do."

"i didn't know you were feeling that. i thought, i thought i was the only one." sam looked into his eyes and started crying, happy tears, love tears.

miles noticed those tears and he started to cry those same tears. it was a cloudy day, dark clouds. it had started to rain. they still sat there in the maze looking at each other, they never broke eye contact. crying, they were still crying but they were happy. happy that they were talking again and things weren't awkward between them. they were indeed in love. but the two teens didn't know that they were in love. they didn't know that they were capable of all these feelings at such a young age.  in fact they have never felt love for someone like this. they were happy. miles, for the first time in a long time, was happy. sam was the joy in his life. even though it was raining, miles saw sunshine because of sam.