chapter 8

love. what is love? a question miles or sam didn't think about until they met each other. different people show love in different ways. sam showed love by touch. she showed affection by holding miles' hand or his face. even just barely touching hands, she loved that. physical touch. miles was different. he didn't know how to show love and affection. he wanted to more than anything but just wasn't sure how to. he thought for hours on how he could show sam how much he loved her. then he had the perfect idea. sam was laying down on miles' chest, he was playing with her hair. miles got up and stood at the edge of the bed.

"meet me at the entrance of the maze in 10 minutes!" immediately after he spoke he left.

-

about 13 minutes later sam met miles out in the maze. it was a sunny day again. it was hot outside with a little breeze. it was the perfect day.

"follow me" miles said with a smile on his face.

sam followed him, they walked while holding hands. when they got to about the middle of the maze sam saw the picnic. there was wine and cake. sam had never been on a date before. was this a date though? sam started thinking per usual. was this a date or did he just want to eat with me? are we dating? what am i to him?? sam thinks a lot but doesn't say much. unlike sam, miles says what he is thinking which sometimes makes sam mad. "your cute when you're mad." miles always tells her. when he tells her that she always blushes and that's when he knows shes happy again. they were eating their cake and drinking their wine but sam still was thinking. was this a date? are we dating or do i just think we are?? then she finally built up the courage to ask.

"miles what- what am i to you?" sam asked, her eyes locked on him.

"i've told you already, your the love of my life! were you worried about us?" miles told her, his beautiful brown eyes locked with her glistening green eyes.

"not worried about us just worried that you didn't feel the same way. that's all." she said with a smile.

"i love you sam and i always will. i will never ever break your heart. i'm yours forever." he hugged her then kissed her.

forever seemed liked a long time to sam before she met miles but now, forever didn't seem long enough. she wanted to be with miles longer than forever, if that was even possible. she was madly in love and she liked it.