Chapter 2

Harry woke up in some kind of bed he couldn't quite recognize. He looked around and inspected the room carefully. The room reminded him of a hospital, but a very old, worn down one. With every little move, the old light wood bed creaked and the dark wood floor did too. There were three windows in total and they all were slightly decorated with short see-through curtains. On his right, there was an almost empty grey nightstand with a few pill bottles and an empty glass on top. The walls were a dull dark gray with spider webs in the corners. A few other beds were present room, but all were closed with long, white dull curtains. Harry looked at his arms and body. He was wrapped in bandages and some places had healed and closed scars, and others were carefully stitched. 

Harry carefully sat up on the creaking bed, his body was slightly aching all over but bearable. The boy immediately noticed that his body wasn't of a teenager, but of a child's. Around five or seven. Honestly, he wasn't sure. It was slightly weird and uncomfortable to move in his new body, but he quickly got used to it. Harry got out of bed and slowly but steadily walked to the dark wooden door and pulling the handle down, walked out of the depressing, old room he was staying at. 

The halls were pretty much the same. Long, quiet, depressing, and old. The walls also were gray but had a slight brown tone to them. Some paintings of flowers and nature were hung to try and lighten up the mood in the hallway but it obviously didn't work. There were a few other identical doors, exactly in front of one another and the door in front of the room Harry was in read 'Head Nurse's Office'. Harry decided that the wisest option was to go to the nurse since he was obviously wounded and had no idea where he was. He slowly opened the door and poked his head inside, inspecting the room. It was pretty much the same as the room he was in previously but didn't have all those beds. It had a long table in the middle of the room and a woman was sitting behind it, in a white apron, high black bun, and some sort of white hat. All around her were almost empty dark wood cabinets and a few bookshelves. 

The woman behind her desk noticed the small boy walk inside her office and smiled fondly at him. She looked after the boy after he got out of the hospital and was sent straight to this depressing orphanage she worked in. She loved helping kids, but what happened to the small child was horrible. He was found on the street in front of the Graythorn orphanage. Completely bloody and wounded. Nobody could identify the boy nor could contact his relatives, even if he had any. He was being kept in the hospital for eight months and then sent back here. 

The woman put the papers aside and got comfortable in her seat. "Hello. My name is Morgana Willings. I'm the head nurse here. You must have a lot of questions about everything, so take a seat. What's your name?"

"My name is Hadrian. Erm, Hadrian Peverell for more detail." Harry answered in a fake hint of shyness in his voice. 

Morgana's eyes gleamed with satisfaction. Finally, they will be able to track the boy's parents down or something. "Well, Hadrian, do you...Have you any questions for me?" She asked.

Harry knew where he was. Well, partly. Death said that he would be at some sort of orphanage so at least he knew that much. "Yes, I do. Quite a few. Where am I and what year and date is it?"

"You're at a place called the Graythorn orphanage. We found you laying on the road in front of here, completely.. wounded. As to answer your second question, it's 1935, October 31st." 

'Ah, my unlucky day. October the 31st.' Harry thought to himself.

" You awoke exactly on Halloween! What a coincidence. Anyways, you were out for quite a while, we even doubted that you'll wake up at this point... Oh, right." Morgana quickly opened a drawer and pulled out a few documents and a pen."We know that you just woke up but I need to ask you some questions."