Chapter 4

Harry had been at the orphanage a little over a month. He mostly kept to himself, the other kids thought that there was something off about him. Some idiotic older kids try to "show who was in charge" a week after he first got there, it didn't end well for them. Especially since Morgana had taken a liking to the fragile-looking boy, she would come by every night just to make sure he was all right, this was both annoying and useful. When something happened he would be the first questioned and the one who was listened to the most. (he definitely took advantage of that.)

In the month that he had been there, he kept his room bare, the more space he had the better for his training, his metamorphagus ability was fairly simple to control (although he couldn't really turn into anyone above his age), but his zoomorphagus was harder to master, he managed a mouse though great for spying not very useful.

Harry woke up the same way he did every morning with the sun streaming through the curtains, he got out of bed, got dressed, and went downstairs. When he got to the kitchen, Morgana was already waiting for him.
"How did you sleep last night Hadrian? Did you have a nightmare again?"

One night he didn't reinforce the occlumency shields before going to sleep, and the memories were so violent that they tore into his subconscious. He woke up his whole floor screaming violently! Finally, someone went and got Morgana. When she did come, she tried to hug him to calm him down and he jumped backward in his bed...if it hadn't been for death he probably would have exploded. Now Morgana always asks that question in hopes that he'll open up, she really felt sorry for the petite, doll-like boy.

"Yes Miss Morgana, I slept very well! And I didn't have a single nightmare all night!"

$I still can not get over how well you play this part. You are a snake in every way!$

'I'm getting tired of playing this act, I wish the nightmare hadn't happened. Since then she has become smothering!'

$Just think, in a few years, you won't have to deal with them. All you'll have to concern yourself with is Dumb-as-a-door.$ He can practically hear the smirk in his voice.

Harry thinks about this, and almost can't contain a smirk of delight. 'Hogwarts will be fun this time around. I can't wait to obliterate that old goat!'

$They are trying to catch your attention master.$

Harry turns and looks at the woman who has a frown etched on her usually overly perky face.

"Did you say something, ma'am?"

"I just asked if you and Joseph would like to go to town with me this afternoon? After you finish your work in the garden of course."

"I'm sorry miss Morgana, but I'm still a little tired. I was hoping I could just go to my room after chores."

She nods but still hasn't returned to her normally perky ways.
"Are you sure you're alright Hadrian?"

"Yes ma'am, I'm fine just a little bit tired today." She gives him a small smile and returns to her breakfast.

Harry finishes quickly after that and immediately goes to the garden. He finds solace surrounded by nature, a calm that's not forced.

There are daisies on the side closest to the door and a crop of tomatoes and potatoes in the middle and carrots on the side by the fence. There are two patches, that are both five feet across, in the other patch that goes along the line to the fence has okra and cucumber, and watermelon in the summer (or so so he heard) they gave him chores in the kitchen helping out with dinner four days a week and helping in the garden every day for almost two hours.

In the middle by the fence, (almost over it) was an old apple tree that was said to have stood before the orphanage was built...it was Harry's favorite place to sit.

Today he was working on pulling weeds. He was wearing a loose great t-shirt and beat up blue jean pants. The second-hand shop that Morgana had taken him to had clothes that were at least better than the ones he got from Dudley in his last life. His hair was pulled back into a low ponytail, he really needed to learn how to do other hairstyles that helped with the heat, or he would chop it off once summer came.

Once he was done he went back inside, he immediately got his clothes from his room and walked to the bathroom to shower. There were two bathrooms on each of the three floors, one for the boys, on floors one and two there were bathrooms only used by the staff. His first week there he took a bath in one on Morgana's orders.

While he was in the shower his mind drifted, he couldn't stop thinking of how different this life was. How different he would make it. He would change what happened to the world, and he would have his revenge on Dumbledore for all he put him through! He reflected on his many conversations with Arziphales, he didn't know what to do with him half the time. He was helpful though, especially with his training.

$Glad to be of service Master.$

'Do you always poke in my head, when you are not wanted?'

$Only when I hear my name.$

He sneered 'Even in the bathroom?'

$Don't worry young Master, I don't see anything when I speak to you through your mind. Unless you need me of course.$

'So I think you're name, you appear?'

$You say it out loud yes, otherwise I answer in your head.$

'And you will always answer?'

$No I just saw the chance to annoy you and took it.$

He rolls his eyes. 'Of course, you did'

He gets out of the shower and puts on his clothes, a black long sleeve t-shirt, and a pair of dark faded jeans. He still can't believe that he has eyes like that. He goes to his room and tests out what Death said.

"Arziphales"

And just as quick as a snap appears. "$Yes Master?$"

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Potterheads! This is the first chapter I wrote. I would appreciate any comments so I can get better. and I would love your opinion on Arziphales! Is he different from other Deaths you read about? Anyway, thanks again for reading!!😁 Next time we see Harry and Arziphales training.