Chapter 10

When Arziphales first saw the one who would become his master, it was just after he had survived the Killing Curse. There was something that he saw in the boy that reminded him of Ignotus. How he held himself, even when he was only one. He did not watch closely, for Death could not meddle in the affairs of men, but this one he knew was meant for great things.

He knew what Harry had planned, he was able to listen to the conversation due to their connection. He would be surprised if he landed anywhere except Slytherin. He couldn't wait to see what chaos his little Master would bring...

When Arziphales appeared in the office, the temperature dropped considerably.
He looked at the goblin and gave the traditional greeting.

"Well met, master Ricbert." He said giving a bow.

"Well met, Lord Death."

"Shall we begin?" Harry said gesturing to the paperwork Ricbert had drawn up.

The goblin took his seat, then gave Arziphales the parchment. When he had made sure that there were no hidden clauses, he put it back down on the desk and gave a nod of affirmation.

"Please place two drops of blood on the parchment for the records, then each of you writes your signature on the designated line." The goblin said as he brought a ritual knife from under his desk.

Arziphales took it first, made a small cut on the tip of his first finger then let exactly two drops fall. Once he had closed the cut and cleaned the blade, he passed it on to Harry. Once Harry had done the same, he passed the knife back to Ricbert.

After they both had signed, Ricbert watched as the blood turned to gold. It seems magic herself had approved of this. He then summoned two keys. He handed one to each of them.

"Is there anything else you will be needing before discuss the adoption and payment?"

"I want Hadrian to be seen by a healer, the ritual chamber here is the best solution to
et torquem ad imperium. I would also like for him to be able to have a mind healer. I have seen what this ritual does if left untreated. I will not have that happen to my Master."

"It would be preferable to commence with the ritual after we discuss everything. I assume you wish to have a goblin for the mind healer?"

"Correct, master goblin. I will return when it's time for the ritual." He turns to Harry and nods before leaving to continue his work.

Harry was confused, what exactly did a mind healer have to do with anything he did not feel any different. Although, that could be due to his occlumency shields.

$There might not be any damage, but it is better to be safe than sorry. You are one of the only people to still be alive. This ritual rips your magical core. It is unstudied what it does to your mind.$

'So there is no other reason.' He asks with growing agitation.

$I would not abuse the power of being your guardian, Master. You might not trust me fully, but I will not give you a reason to doubt me$

Harry was surprised at this, Death was not the first person to give him this assurance, but he was the first who might mean it. He was also the first one who did not try to control him...maybe he truly did care.

Ricbert noticed the young wizard get lost in his thoughts. While he was distracted, he sent a note to the higher offices of the bank where his superiors could be found. If his request was granted, it would mean great things for the goblin nation!

"Starting with the adoption, there is a registry at MACUSA for witches and wizards seeking to adopt. We will contact them and then they will send folders on interested potentials. Then you will be the deciding vote on the ones we at Gringotts deem worthy. Does this sound preferable to you?"

"Yes, I would like word sent out as soon as possible."

"Then it is time to go down to the ritual chamber.

They went out of the office, and down a hallway to where the carts are. As they rode down almost at the speed of light, it finally hit him, he was going to be free! Then his focus shifted, Joseph would be gone soon. While he was glad the child would be safe, it would be weird to not have the little ball of energy around...

They came to a stop in front of golden double doors that have innate designs. When they were right in front of the doors, they swung open. There was a circle with a stone table set up in the middle, surrounded by another circle of candles. Off to the side stood a female goblin in dark purple robes. Ricbert then broke the silence that had been surrounding them.

"This is Healer Heka. The best to ever step foot in Gringotts."

"You had better have a good reason for summoning me Ricbert!" She said as she stormed over with a snarl on her face.

"This young man is Hadrian Peverell, the last living direct descendent of the Peverell line, Lord Mortis, and charge of Death. He has been placed under the ritual et torquem at imperium and has come to get it removed."

Heka's face had bulged over the time he had spoken, not only was this child the last Peverell, but he was also the Master of Death!?! Not only that but he was his charge! He had also been placed under a ritual that was punishable by death in the dark ages! Who would have been cruel enough to try and rip away life and magic from a child!!

"We will begin immediately." She said with a tone that left no room in it for arguing. "Go into that washroom on the left and change into the clothes by the sink, then I want you to climb on the table."

He went and did as she asked...this was one creature he did not want to tick off.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Potterheads, I'm sorry this took so long to come out. I had a viewing and a funeral to go to for a family friend that kept me busy for a week, before she passed I was waiting for news on how she was doing. Also, recently I've been in a slump. Because this one took so long to come out, I will try to
update more often.

Thank all of you for all the votes and reads!
Did you know that this story has reached 16.8K+ views?!! That is amazing! Thank you all again.

W.G.