Chapter 11

Pain, waves, and waves of pain that's all he could feel. He did not know how long it had been, he could barely tell where he was, all he knew was a throbbing pain that seemed as if it was coming from inside him...after what seemed like forever it finally ceased.

He looked around. He was still in the circle on the table, with the healer in front of him. A smell drifted up, he realized he was bleeding. He looked at his right arm a rolled the sleeve up. There, between his shoulder and elbow was what looked like a chain made out of thorns pressed into the skin.

Healer Hecka had seen amazing things in her life, but this night had blown them all out of the water. This young boy survived, a feat that wizards and witches many years his senior had failed. That in its self was cause to think that this boy would do amazing things.

After he had gotten back his bearings, he stood up, until the voice of the healer cut through the silence...

"You better be getting back in young man, it is far too soon for you to even think about standing. You can forget trying to walk for almost an hour."

He did as she asked without complaint. A minute or two passed, along with the control he had on his mouth.
"Did it work?"

"Yes, young lord it did. That mark is all that remains, although we will not be able to vanish it. We have a salve that will make it fade in time."

Harry thought this was beyond what he could have hoped for. Slowly, he let down the walls on his magic down. When he did it filled the room in giant swirling waves! The action made him feel free, like when he flew on a broom for the first time, or when he took flight as a starting...it made him feel alive!

The healer was impressed! The amount of magic that filled the room was unprecedented. She knew they would see great things from this young boy...

"Young lord, the salve can also be used on your other scars too. Unfortunately, the deep ones will not be healed."

Harry's eyes widened, he had not mentioned his scars to the goblins. His magic, sensing his frustration started becoming tumultuous.

When the healer noticed this she immediately spoke up

"We did a check on you per protocol after the ritual to make sure it had worked and there was nothing else that needed to be cared for."

"Ah," Harry replied as his magic calmed down.

Ricbert took that moment to enter.

"Ah, finished already?"

"Yes, I have the salve ready. I would also like for him to come for a check-up in three months to see how he is faring." The healer answered as she brought a parchment with Harry's next appointment details to him.

"I will speak to his guardian about it," Ricbert replied with a bow.

Harry on the other hand wished he didn't seem so young, he was rapidly getting annoyed with people treating him like a child.

"It is time to meet the mind healer, young lord." The goblin said addressing Harry. Then the goblin gestures to a floating chair that's coming towards him.

Ricbert leads him down a hallway that went deeper into the bank. He stopped at a blank door with the Gringotts crest on it. He opened the door and stepped to the side to let Harry's chair through. Inside the room smelled like hot chocolate and vanilla. It had cream carpet and grey walls. There were two chairs by the wall and a fireplace that made the whole room seem cozy while making sure it had just the right amount of warmth.

On a chair that was a shade different from the floor sat a female goblin who he presumed was the healer she had on a midnight blue shirt and silver pants on her feet were smart black shoes with a little heel. She smiled at them.

"Hello, Ricbert." She said with a nod of her head. Then she turned to Harry.

"Well met, Lord Mortis. I am Healer Eirny." She said to Harry with a nod.

"Well met, Healer Eirny. Please, call me Hadrian." He replied.

Healer Eirny had been awoken with the news that there was a boy who needed her services...and that this boy happened to be the master of Death. ( She was grateful that she was able to have a few more hours of sleep than Heka to process it all.) She watched the boy, she could tell by the way he was looking around the room and fidgeting that he would be anywhere else but here. He hid it especially well for a seven-year-old though. He still couldn't hide the way his eyes narrowed and bounced around the room.

Harry could not wait to be out of here, he wanted to get the ad sent out to America, then return to the orphanage. As fast as possible. Eirny stood and walked over to where he was.

"I'm not going to pry, that not what I'm here for, my job is to make sure the ritual did not do any mental damage. Although if you wish to discuss something, I've been told that I'm a good listener." She said with a half-smile. She snapped her fingers and another chair flipped into view. "It will be quick I promise."

He moved his chair to the place opposite hers. He didn't really know what she was going to do, most mind healers had a wand. He looked at the door, Ricbert had taken his leave when the healer had approached.

The healer picked up a pad of ink that sat on a table. (that had somehow appeared out of nowhere). She drew the Nordic rune for 'mind' on his forehead. With this, she could detect anything abnormal that went on inside his mind. She saw flashes of a pale man with dark hair, then she saw an old man with long hair. She also felt strong resistance, this boy was an anomaly like none she has ever seen.

Harry's temper had started to flair up she had seen Dumbledore! More than that, she had seen Snape!! If she mentioned this to anyone he would be found out! He would lose his chance! He would not let that happen.

When he was about to direct his magic at the goblin, the healer held her hands up in a sign of surrender.

"Nothing I see or hear will be repeated by anyone else. The runes and wards on this room see to that." She reassured him with a calm look on her face. When his magic calmed some, she went back to her chair.

He sat silently, he did not need someone to help him...he did just fine on his own.

"The pale man I saw, he was important to you?" She asked softly.

Harry's eyes narrowed at that. He did not want to talk, much less think of anything having to do with him. Or his last life!

"Why do you say that?" He asked bitingly.

"There is evidence that he forced his way into your mind, yet when I looked a little deeper I was pushed out because you want to protect him. emotions are tied to memories, especially strong ones. You had positive ties to this one."

Well, she got it in one. Finally, he sighed if it would get the healer off his back he would tell her. It's not like that version of Snape existed still.

"He forced his way into my head on orders from someone else, I don't know if the person told him to push that hard into my memories, or not. It could have just been because he wanted to. He protected me when I was small, although it was indeed because of a vow that he made. But I think if he wanted out of it, he would have found a way. He saved my life more times than I can count. He was a survivor, a fighter, a good man. He was also a bully to those he thought deserved it. He's also the only one who actually told me the truth when I needed him to. I never got to say thank you either."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello, Potterheads!

This chapter is dedicated to Alan Rickman, the best Snape we could have asked for.

P.S...This was supposed to be published on memorial day, but I haven't been able to go on the app very much. On a different note, I'm finally able to update more!

Thank you for sticking with this book! We are over 1,000 votes, and 21.07k reads!

W.G.