Chapter 7

Harry was surprised, he didn't see this coming, you see he fully intended not to care for another person. There was just something about the young boy that reminded him of himself, he could not let fate repeat itself. He still would not let anyone in as he had done before, his heart was a locked door with no key, but he could not let this child suffer. He couldn't let a child suffer if he could do something about it!

It had been two weeks since he had gotten closer to the boy, he even asked Carol to take him along when they went on a shopping trip. Carol was surprised, to say the least, she was just glad that Hadrian had made a friend nevermind that he was almost four years older. Harry became almost a guardian angel to the boy, Joseph even told him that. If there was one thing he was going to do he was going to get this child as far away as he can before the coming war.

He asked Arziphales what this would change. Death told him that since he died in the first year of the war, there was hardly any record of the three-and-a-half-year-old. (Joseph was always reminding people of the and a half part.)

Harry had just gotten back to the orphanage from school. Today be was going to go to town with Carol and Joseph he ran upstairs to his room to change his clothes, he practically threw on a pair of comfy faded blue jeans and a long-sleeve green t-shirt that matched his eyes. He redid his pony, grabbed his bag, and went back downstairs. He saw Carol waiting by the door, he turned when he heard a small voice shouting. "Hadweein!" he ruffled Joseph's hair and took his hand, then they made their way to Carol.

On the way to the store, Carol could not stop herself from looking in the back seat, she watched as Hadrian talked with Joseph, she could not believe how far the young boy had come, he still had far to go though. She hoped that they both would get adopted sometime soon.

When they arrived at the store Harry took Joseph's hand and followed closely behind Carol. He knew that Carol was surprised by their sudden closeness. He read her thoughts while she looked in the mirror. Muggles were so easy to read. The main purpose of their visit was to buy new clothes for Joseph, he had a bit of a growth spurt, and his shoes had holes. Carol had no idea what had happened to his wardrobe but as soon as she saw the state she insisted on a shopping trip.

They had bought Joseph new pants, trousers, and shirts, he also got red tennis shoes. Harry had even offered to buy him a toy when he revealed that someone had stolen his only stuffed animal. He was adamant about getting a stuffed wolf pup because he saw that their eyes matched.

They were walking to the cash register when Harry suddenly stopped. He saw a face that he never thought he'd see again! The first time he saw her flashed through his mind, it was as if he could still feel the torture she held him under, he felt like he couldn't breathe! His magic started to lash out! The lights that lined the ceiling started to flicker, and the floor started to shake! People were looking for the cause someone thought that someone crashed their car into the store! Joseph sensing Harry's panic went over to his kneeling form and hugged him as best as he could.

Harry felt the little arms of a child, in his panic, he could hear Joseph saying everything would be okay. He just couldn't stop the pain from flashing through his mind, he tried to stop the anguish of the memories, but he could not get away from them!

Arziphales tried to push through the mental defenses that his young master had set up, he had no idea that an ancestor of Hermione Granger would even be in this town, much less this time! When she was finally dead she would suffer forever! He would even give her her memories back so he would know exactly why this was happening! He finally was able to get through, so he started whispering soothing words to harry, the surprising thing was that Joseph had been trying to do the same thing, he could feel the toddler's magic trying to comfort Harry. He would be very strong when he grew up.