ship wars. 8

Alexia's Perspective

"So they really just want you to pretend like you're fucking Luke?" Calum asked, making both Luke and I practically spit out our popcorn. A laugh bubbled out of Michael's lips as he half heartedly paid attention. He was on his phone texting his fiancee, Crystal. Ashton just rolled his eyes at Calum's lewd comment.

"No, Calum," I groaned exaggeratedly. It was bad enough being in this situation with Luke, nevermind having to recap it with our idiotic friends. "We just have to act like we could or could not be a couple," I explained for the upteenth time this evening.

Luke and I went for lunch after our meeting yesterday and it was awful. We bickered the entire time, if Luke wasn't criticizing my food choice then I was making fun of his mannerisms. It was a two way street yet neither of us could seem to find the exit.

The boys decided that since we were leaving for tour tomorrow that they would all just crash here. The bus was unfortunately going to be here extremely early. It was either we leave tonight and have the day in San Jose, or leave early in the morning in order to make the first show there tomorrow. We chose the latter, opting for a final stay in our own beds. Well, the other boys got the comfort of our couch but at least Ashton and I will get one final good night's rest. Besides, I'm sure Calum won't hesitate to crawl in with one of us.

"I have no idea why they wouldn't want us to fake date," Calum jokes, throwing his arm over my shoulder as he pulls me closer. "We look stunning together!"

"Probably because you're seen leaving the bar with a new girl every night," Luke pointed out with a chuckle of his own as he reached over me to push Calum away from me. "I am clearly the superior choice." I sighed at his comment, knowing Luke he was so going to let this get to his head and I am not looking forward to it.

"Whatever," Calum hummed nonchalantly, blowing me an exaggerated kiss. "Your loss, sweetheart. Have fun dating Luke."

"Are you forgetting the part where we're not actually dating?" I asked with wide eyes when Ashton pipes up from the reclining chair beside us,

"Don't worry, Alex. I promise that I will never ever forget that you aren't actually dating my best friend." Luke stifled out a laugh as a soft giggle escaped my own lips. Ashton absolutely hated this. It was the only enjoyable part about this all, it was a little funny to see Ashton's protective brother side.

"And what would you do if I was actually dating Lex?" Luke asked matter of factly and this time it was him throwing an arm around my shoulder. Ashton kept his eyes focused on whatever romantic comedy that was playing on the TV but without missing a beat he hummed,

"I'd cut your balls off and feed them to the bears."

Luke's eyes widened as he carefully removed his arm from around my neck and moved over to create a notable distance between us.

"Looks like you two are already making tabloids," Mike informed with his gaze still set on his iPhone. I quickly got up on that account, settling my bum on the arm of the cozy chair he was sitting on to acknowledge the paparazzi's pictures of us. I cringed slightly at the headline, "Luke Hemmings seen out with bandmate's sister!"

"Bandmates sister," I scoffed, rolling my eyes at the subtle insult. I could hear Luke chuckle under his breath beside me as I could feel his smirk. He probably found it quite comedic that I was simply labeled as 'bandmate's sister'. Either that or he found my annoyance funny.

"Mmn, we look cute," Luke teased, as we all stood around Michael analyzing the picture. The pictures were probably blowing up each of our timelines, yet we couldn't stop staring at the tiny ones in Mikey's hand. Ashton's face was painted in annoyance, at what was undecipherable by me. Perhaps he was annoyed at Luke and I looking friendlier than usual, or the fact that we got caught up in this stupid agreement anyways. Or maybe he was just as angry as me for being labeled as, "his bandmate's sister."