luxia. 5

Alexia's Perspective

"I don't like it." I called over the dressing room door. I had been trying on clothes for the past 45 minutes, not finding anything that looked remotely good on me. Calum and Luke were waiting outside the door for me to show them the clothes, although there hadn't been an outfit I liked enough to show thus far. Mike and Ashton were at some electronic store at the other side of the mall, picking up something for Mike's PC, and Ash wanted a new portable charger for the tour.

"C'mon, Lex. You've tried on like 8 outfits and haven't even shown us one." Luke whined, his voice booming through my tiny changeroom as I sighed at my appearance. I didn't want anyone to see my outfits, they just didn't look good. However, I do feel a little bad for making the boys wait this long, I just really need some stuff to bring on tour with me. This was our second store and I still had not one ounce of luck finding appropriate clothing. They were probably wishing they'd gone with Mike and Ash at this point. Luke said it would be far too boring knowing that Mike could get sucked into computer stores for hours at a time, and well Cal just wanted to help me pick out clothes, no doubt they were regretting that.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled quietly as my eyes traced up and down my body. I just wanted to rip the clothes off of my body, but at the same time I wanted them staying on my body so I could pick out each and every single flaw.

"It's just us, Alex. Why don't you show us?" Calum persuaded as I shook my head at myself. The top was a bodysuit that was completely mesh, putting every inch of skin on my upper body on display, with the exception of my boobs which were covered by my current lacy black bra. Then I looked down to the black skinny jeans, they hugged my hips tightly. Too tightly, showing off the flab on my hips. "Al?" Cal called as I took a deep breath, finally deciding to just show them.

I wrung the wooden door open, my eyes landing on Luke's first to see his eyes widen slightly as he pushed himself off of the wall he was leaning against. He coughed, closing his mouth before blinking a couple of times and muttering, "Yeah, it uh- looks good." before walking back to the main store abruptly.

"See, it looks so bad that Luke can't even look at me in it," I frowned, wrapping my arms around my body to cover myself up.

"Lexia, I don't think that was his problem," Calum laughed nervously. "You look fucking hot."

"Shut up, Cal. I do not," I groaned as I turned to peer back into the mirror. "My stomach looks pudgy, you can see my birthmarks, my hips are spilling over the sides of my jeans, my arms look fa-"

"You know what? Stop it, Alex. You are so goddamn gorgeous and I'm tired of you not seeing that!" Cal erupted from behind me as I moved my glance to the ground. "Now it is my job as your bestfriend to make sure that you are always looking and feeling your best. If you truly feel uncomfortable with people seeing you in this shirt, then no ones going to force you to get it. But if the reason you don't want it is because you think you look bad, you're delusional, Al." I took in his words, looking for a way to respond but before I could find the proper words to tell him thank you, a voice was speaking from behind Cal,

"He's right, Lex." I looked past Calum to see that Luke had returned and was now holding something behind his back. I was really grateful for these guys, because when I turned to look in the mirror, I didn't love what I saw, but I didn't hate it.

"Where'd you go?" I asked as I continued to analyze my body. I was trying to find the good instead of the bad for once.

"To get you these," Luke said simply, pulling a few clothes hangers out from behind his back. I turned my back to see him more clearly rather than through the mirror and squinted my eyes at his hand. "Got you every colour they had," He smiled playfully holding the same bodysuit that I was wearing in front of my eyes (in every colour they had, apparently). "There's maroon, white, navy blue, and camo green."