little irwin. 7

Alexia's Perspective

"Alex," Ashton called from the main floor of the home. "Luke's here!"

I wiped my tired eyes, brushing my hair behind my ears. Mornings are dreadful and if I'm being honest, I don't understand why people don't get things done at night.

"Coming," I yelled back as I looked myself up and down in the mirror. I wore a black tube top, with high waisted jean shorts and one of the boys' old flannels. I lost track of who gave me what as they all passed down their worn clothes to me. It didn't fit their styles anymore, or their arms. We were just meeting management, I didn't see it necessary to wear something above casual.

I skipped down the stairs, seeing Ashton and Luke at the kitchen island. Luke looked pretty casual too, a black t-shirt adorning his chest with some black skinny jeans. His hair was in a messy man bun, too, rather than his curls being perfectly placed and styled like he liked them to be.

"Hey," I hummed walking up to them, my face lighting up at the sight of a tray with three coffee cups. "Two of those for me?" I joked as Ashton grimaced at me.

"Slow your roll, Alex. I am the superior coffee drinker in this family." I rolled my eyes playfully at my brother before grabbing the coffee that had my name on it. Turning to Luke I spoke,

"Thanks for this." I didn't hesitate to take a sip letting the dark liquid easily slide down my throat, warming my chest and belly.

"Didn't want you to bite me," he teased with a small smirk as I laughed breathily.

Ashton seemingly ignored it, instead asking, "so you two really have no idea what management wants just you two for?"

"Nope," Luke replied with a shrug, "I mean unless little Lex isn't telling us something. Maybe she got into shit with management and they picked me to clean up her mess."

"Please, Luke," Ashton laughed, "if anything it would be the opposite."

"Yeah, yeah," Luke waved off, "anyways, let's head out Lex. I barely want to deal with management, nevermind a pissy management if we're late." I nodded along, shuffling to where Ashton sat to give him a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Love you," Ashton called as we made our way to the door and Luke called back,

"Love you too!"

Luke and I didn't really speak much on the way over. Partially because I was barely awake. I just sat in his passenger seat, sipping my coffee trying to become somewhat of a human being for this meeting. I watched the scenery move quickly by us as I tried to find the beauty in our city.

"Are you scared?" Luke's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. I looked at him, his eyes set on the road. I tilted my head at him, not sure where this question came from. He clearly understood that as he chose to elaborate, "I just know you don't like these things, and usually you have Ash or Cal to calm you down. Are you okay?"

I genuinely smiled, finding it sweet that he not only knew this about me but took time to consider it, "I'm okay, Luke. Thank you."

"Okay," he spoke, looking over as he sent me a soft smile, "let me know if you're not."

"I will," I grinned at him. The ride went back to silent as we drove to the building we've grown oh so accustomed to. Luke liked to take a different way then Ashton and I usually do, so I really didn't know when we were getting close until Luke had pulled into the parking garage.

"Ready, sunshine?" He joked, no doubt seeing the dull ache in my tired eyes. I let out a lull of a laugh as I nodded and crawled out of the car. "I'm honestly really confused as to why they are calling just us."